Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
lol
.butterfly.x.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just had a thought, when they do update track to they put everyones out at the same time or could some be available before others? If they do it alphabetically then I will be happy.
*titanium*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was looking at your profile squirly. I was seeing how you got amazingly high grades. Suddenly the smarties slogan pops in to my head 'only smarties have the answer'

I did not untill today see the funny side behind it! Only smarties know the answer. :p: get it?
supertramp
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I keep thinking of tomorrow and Thursday morning as being part of the same day. Probably because I plan to drink until the sun comes up (it's acceptable to drink in the morning if you never went to sleep and it's still dark, but not acceptable to go to sleep then wake up and drink).
sul
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
guys, take a chill pill. b4 u know it u will know ur results and more likely than not u will all have a uni to go to.....:rolleyes:

btw.......immagine if some of us get ucas letters tomorrow . hahahahahahahah
outcast
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by *titanium*)
I did not untill today see the funny side behind it! Only smarties know the answer. :p: get it?
I can only hope you are joking. I wouldn't even dignify the slogan by defining it as pun. It's so blatantly obvious that I'm sure even the youngest of smarties™ lovers picked that up after purchasing their first tube. Shame on you :p: .

What's worse, is that you actually find it funny...
Note
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
1 day 9 and a half hours. Anyone soiled themselves yet? I wana point and laugh.
*titanium*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by outcast)
I can only hope you are joking. I wouldn't even dignify the slogan by defining it as pun. It's so blatantly obvious that I'm sure even the youngest of smarties™ lovers picked that up after purchasing their first tube. Shame on you :p: .

What's worse, is that you actually find it funny...
Thats why i didnt call it a pun.

Well basicly im ussualy quick at picking up jokes but with this i thought yeah ok its a slogan so what, never gave it any attention and now it just came to mind and i was like 'ha i see!'
Realist101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
according to the bbc. There is 23% rise in A grades for this years A levels.
PapaDoc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Browneyedboi)
Hopefully more than one of those A's belong to me. Wishful thinking.

(Original post by lukeitfc)
Just saying. It was actually what my history teacher said at GCSE, I was very taken aback by it.

If I didn't care about my future, I'd not be doing any A-levels at all would I?

Thankyouverymuch.

Luke
My history teacher at GCSE said something similar which kicked my arse into getting decent GCSE grades. Called me into his office, stared at me for about 10 minutes then simply said: "What are you doing with your life?"

The guy is 6"5' with a black santa claus beard.
outcast
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Browneyedboi)
Assuming that information is true, we can either think:

a) Oh dear, that means A-levels are getting easier...it is the end of the world as we know it!
b) Would you believe it, the population is growing increasingly more intelligent. (Yeah, right...:rolleyes: )
c) I don't care what it means, the one thing I do know is that there is a 23% rise in the likelyhood of me getting A's in my exams. Crack open the bubbly!

I vote c).
Realist101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i 2nd a vote for c)
shyopstv
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
1 day...and counting...
guccilittlepiggy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Incorrect. There is NOT a 23% rise- it says 23% will get AN A grade.
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I third a vote for option C...

This time in 24 hours...can't imagine...
supertramp
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah. That's what I thought it said too. Didn't want to bring it up because I couldn't be bothered to back it up, though. That's a whole lot less worrying for the future of A levels.

And, yeah. It's officially results day tomorrow.
sul
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not this time in 24 hours, this time in 34 hours immagine what we will be like....

by the way, i read somewhere that the increase in grade a's will be in subjects like languages and maths/sciences...dunno to what extent this is true or a rumour.
Markles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anyone going to be too worried to sleep tomorrow night/going to be crazy posting on here all night?

Just wondering seeing as im only going to be able to sleep if I get absolutely plastered tomorrow night and then If I pook up ill have to do clearing with a hangover, not cools.
guccilittlepiggy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by g_sachs)
not this time in 24 hours, this time in 34 hours immagine what we will be like....

by the way, i read somewhere that the increase in grade a's will be in subjects like languages and maths/sciences...dunno to what extent this is true or a rumour.
rumour. the media doesn't have stats yet. the BBC ones were estimated.
guccilittlepiggy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
people were shocked when the scottish pass rate went down the year by 2%, i'm worried that A level passes will also be down. argh.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads