Turn on thread page Beta

Results Day Countdown watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've had the wierd dreams and all, it happens every year! The last time I had one was 2 months ago though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice_topaz)
    I've had the wierd dreams and all, it happens every year! The last time I had one was 2 months ago though!
    I remember those with my GCSE's... I managed a grade K in NEXT (yes as in the shop) studies

ReputationRep:
    Stupid dreams.

ReputationRep:
    Mine were never that wierd lol! Although I did have one where half of my grades were scratched off of my results slip! That's probably the wierdest mind you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Stupid dreams.
    Indeed

ReputationRep:
    nobody (unless they are quite daft) will turn around and say "I'm disappointed with you," or “you’ve let me down.” They may say so as a joke (teachers have a habit of doing that) but nobody will put you down because you were expecting 100% but actually got 90%! They'll be considerate, caring and supportive, if anything.

Haha. Nope. My mum would say it to me straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spence)
    Haha. Nope. My mum would say it to me straight.
    ...but wouldn't she just be joking around with you?

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if results day get moved to an earlier date...? (I wish!)

ReputationRep:
    That wouldn't be too bad.

I wonder how many people will be mindlessly searching the exam boards’ websites in the early hours of results day looking for grade boundaries/statistics and seeing if their own personal mark predictions match those needed for a certain grade.

…or am I the only one who cares about boundaries?

(...yep, the only one) :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Papillon)
    That wouldn't be too bad.

I wonder how many people will be mindlessly searching the exam boards’ websites in the early hours of results day looking for grade boundaries/statistics and seeing if their own personal mark predictions match those needed for a certain grade.

…or am I the only one who cares about boundaries?

(...yep, the only one) :p:
    Count me in too...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure somebody will say that's sad/what have you but whatever, I find it (can be) reassuring. Then you take a look at the statistics and see "100 out of however many people were awarded an A" ...you begin to wonder if you're one of those :p:

...then you read some of the examiners report and see the mistake you keep thinking of has been confirmed. (Dammit!)

The joys of waiting for results. :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol..."joy" wasn't quite the word i was thinking of :p:....more like "torture"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    Count me in too...

And pretty much the entire population of TSR!

(Well, those sitting A Levels!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for AAA. However, it's all very borderline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College Guy 1987)
    And pretty much the entire population of TSR!

(Well, those sitting A Levels!)
    Great ....expect the worst and they'll probably have server problems.

ReputationRep:
    8 days till the unis get our results and decide on if we have got a place or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatecheese)
    8 days till the unis get our results and decide on if we have got a place or not!
    :afraid: wish i knew someone who works at the uni

ReputationRep:
    Hi i heard you can see if youve got in by signing in on ucas few days before?

is this true and how do you actually find out??

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I certainly dont know if this is true or not, all i know if it is true-it would work by signing into Track, and there will be some form of confirmation message next to your first choice university.

My personal opinion is that this shouldn't be true, it would be a major oversight on UCAS's part if it is...

However .... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=249551

ReputationRep:
    no. you can find out at 8.30 am on the 17th ( as long as track works). it will NOT be going live till then. there was a mistake a few years ago where results appeared early at midnight but thats unlikely to happen again.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.