Turn on thread page Beta

Results Day Countdown watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm now starting to feel physically sick whenever I think about it...only 2 weeks away arrrrrrrrrgh I could cry

ReputationRep:
    I almost cried yesterday when I knew that my results were out in less than a week ... I know I shouldn't cry as I can't change anything, but still.

Grr, wish I wasn't working that day - or going on holiday for a fortnight the day after. Can I really be arsed to sort out cover?

I'm trying my best to put exams to the back of my mind. There is too fine a margin between AAA and ABB for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    The waiting's horrible - I just want to know now! I keep switching between thinking "oh I'm sure I'll be ok" and remembering how much I messed up history, so thinking I won't get into either of my uni's

ReputationRep:
    Can you call your school or the exam board and ask them to tell you your results?

ReputationRep:
    This time in 2 weeks...we will either be calm and happy or panicking and down...

ReputationRep:
    I hate it on results day when all over the media they are talking about it and they almost always pick people who are expecting to get A's and B's in their results and then we see them get 4 A's or whatever:rolleyes: :mad:
    Most people aren't like that. I'll be reasonably happy if I get 3 C's (although I would love to get some B's) because that is what I need to get to uni.
    The media then seem to use the fact that the people they interviewed got top A grades to discuss the topic that exams are getting easier:mad:
    That really annoys me. If I don't hear any of that all day, I'll probably be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlieee)
    I hate it on results day when all over the media they are talking about it and they almost always pick people who are expecting to get A's and B's in their results and then we see them get 4 A's or whatever:rolleyes: :mad:
    Most people aren't like that. I'll be reasonably happy if I get 3 C's (although I would love to get some B's) because that is what I need to get to uni.
    The media then seem to use the fact that the people they interviewed got top A grades to discuss the topic that exams are getting easier:mad:
    That really annoys me. If I don't hear any of that all day, I'll probably be ok
    i would really like to know what percentage of students get like AAA or AAAA or more.in the exam board statistics you see only that about 20% of the students who did take the exam have got an A,but combined?
    and it's a bit scary sometimes because lots of people here have in their signature all the A's and as i don't have english television at the moment i can't watch what the media is talking about, so could you explain to me why they are interviewing people who have got 4A's,isn't that a bit too common?
    P.S;sorry if my post is not understandable,but i haven't slept for a while

ReputationRep:
    :eek: two weeks....thats like ...not long!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I just don't want anyone coming up to me and asking what I got because most of the people in our school are really bright, and that's the norm, so I'll probably just sneak out when no one's looking.

ReputationRep:
    it would be better if we could get our results on the day the uni's recieve them.

ReputationRep:
    Id like to wish everyone here good luck even though theres still a couple of weeks to go. Id be disappointed if I didnt get 3As/4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice_topaz)
    I did have one where half of my grades were scratched off of my results slip!
    i had a dream where we got given our results all cut up into little strips, like they'd been shredded, and we had to piece them together, and even when we'd done that, we had the marks and grades for all the seperate papers, but we didn't know which papers or subjects they were for.

i was so disturbed by that dream!

ReputationRep:
    heeeelllllllooooo, 13 days.!!!1

ReputationRep:
    Um, no. 14.

ReputationRep:
    wow 2 weeks. i got so many other worries, time is flying by...

ReputationRep:
    omg yeh this time in two weeks time i plan to be rolling drunk with glee! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 713)
    i would really like to know what percentage of students get like AAA or AAAA or more.in the exam board statistics you see only that about 20% of the students who did take the exam have got an A,but combined?
    and it's a bit scary sometimes because lots of people here have in their signature all the A's and as i don't have english television at the moment i can't watch what the media is talking about, so could you explain to me why they are interviewing people who have got 4A's,isn't that a bit too common?
    P.S;sorry if my post is not understandable,but i haven't slept for a while

in reality, getting 4A's isn't common, its just that a lot of people on TSR are people who were looking for info on uni's, especially oxbridge, so these will be the people who get A's....so basically the people on TSR are not a true reflection of what people get in general

i really think the media needs to make more of fuss about people getting grades other than A's...i had a massive arguement with my headteacher when it was GCSE results day, because she totally ignored everyone else, and kept congratulating me, which was totally unfair, as everyone esle had worked really hard for their grades too, but got no recognition :mad:

and like Charlieee said, when the papers keep focusing on people who get A's, no wonder the media make stupid assumptions like "exams are gettign easier!"....why can't they say "wow, the students must have really worked hard this year" or "the teachers have done a good job, well done!"
    it makes me soooooo mad!!! grrrrrrrrrr!!!! :mad:

well, thats my rant over now lol, sorry about that

ReputationRep:
    wow!! 8am? i thought i read on the UCAS website it was 11am or 11.30am? :confused:

i hope you are right thats its 8am....i'll be on my computer all morning lol :p:
    but like you said, i bet we won't be able to get on, seeing as nearly everyone will be trying to at the same time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatecheese)
    in reality, getting 4A's isn't common, its just that a lot of people on TSR are people who were looking for info on uni's, especially oxbridge, so these will be the people who get A's....so basically the people on TSR are not a true reflection of what people get in general

i really think the media needs to make more of fuss about people getting grades other than A's...i had a massive arguement with my headteacher when it was GCSE results day, because she totally ignored everyone else, and kept congratulating me, which was totally unfair, as everyone esle had worked really hard for their grades too, but got no recognition :mad:

and like Charlieee said, when the papers keep focusing on people who get A's, no wonder the media make stupid assumptions like "exams are gettign easier!"....why can't they say "wow, the students must have really worked hard this year" or "the teachers have done a good job, well done!"
    it makes me soooooo mad!!! grrrrrrrrrr!!!! :mad:

well, thats my rant over now lol, sorry about that
    yeh thats true, i think the average standards of those of tsr is a lot higher than england general. partly becuase us lot who found tsr were looking for a bit of extra help with something oringinally probably and so we go that little extra mile with our work and get better grades than the average joe (or joanne lol)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.