Results Day Countdown Watch

This discussion is closed.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You'll be fine. Don't worry now, there is no point. Try and keep busy and don't think about results.
The time to worry is about a minute or two after you get your results, and only then if they aren't good enough for what you want...but even there, there are many things you can do which men it isn't the end of the world.

Good luck
bedbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BluesMan)
stupid stupid A levels

stupid stupid results

they should make a computer that gives you your result when you walk out the exam hall. I dont care if its impossible, im sure if people wanted to they could do it. It would probably mark papers better then the current system anyway. When you think about it, its so flawed. One teachers opinion of a good argument, might not be the same as someone elses.

Meh im moaning because i dont like waiting, makes everything seem worse
I'm 100% with you, I had this rant about a week after my last exam. It just frustrates me that we have to wait SO LONG. Even 9 days seems like forever at this point.

I dreamt about results day last night. We were all given a tiny receipt sized piece of paper with results on. I got a G in one of my maths exams (which turned out to be 17%) but I got 100% in one of the others so I still managed to get an A (I quite like my dream logic..) I also got a BB in double science and a D in trampolining. I, however, got no results for my actual A levels. Then at the end just before I woke up I was given a proper piece of paper saying I'd got As in them all and that they were just joking.

Slightly worried that the dreams are starting already! :rolleyes:
slk999
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
think of it as only 1 more week of pain
guccilittlepiggy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i keep having a recurring dream about getting a D in 'monster munch studies' and it being on the lse blacklist.
WorkHouse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't know if its on this thread that i mentioned my reccuring exam-time dream. Getting a K in NEXT studies, a new addition to this is the addmissions tutor at UCLan coming to the gym at my school especially to slap me because i did so badly - i then go and sleep with my ex... Roll on the17th
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'd never have guessed results day was soon....:p:
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by WorkHouse)
I don't know if its on this thread that i mentioned my reccuring exam-time dream. Getting a K in NEXT studies, a new addition to this is the addmissions tutor at UCLan coming to the gym at my school especially to slap me because i did so badly - i then go and sleep with my ex... Roll on the17th

:rofl:
guccilittlepiggy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
libertines
WorkHouse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by guccilittlepiggy)
libertines
???
guccilittlepiggy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i just happened to be listening to that song when i read your sig. how random.
WorkHouse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by guccilittlepiggy)
i just happened to be listening to that song when i read your sig. how random.
ah... AW, i want to listen to it now - good memories to that song...
leona
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Had my first results day dream last night I have obviously entered a new phase in my RD nerves
But the results weren't my own, they were my friends. How annoying!
JUST SIMPLE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
8 days,,,,,, still counting....!!! hellloooooo, 8 days!!
Rainy
Report 12 years ago
Hmm, working an 11-3 shift that day. Seems like I'll either be:
  1. wallowing in self pity, with mobile stuck to ear
  2. pretty apathetic, though feeling kind of pissed off*
  3. grinning stupidly, starting to regret having bought a round for everyone at/behind the bar

* most likely.
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by JUST SIMPLE)
8 days,,,,,, still counting....!!! hellloooooo, 8 days!!
Well, 8 and a bit days :eek:
MissSurfer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What is all this about EDI? I gather it's that thing where schools get your results a week early (as in jan), so can someone confirm this happens in august too?

If so then I'm confused as to why you can't get your result then.. why do you have to wait until the 17th?
red_Rose
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MissSurfer)
What is all this about EDI? I gather it's that thing where schools get your results a week early (as in jan), so can someone confirm this happens in august too?

If so then I'm confused as to why you can't get your result then.. why do you have to wait until the 17th?
Because the schools like to wait for the offiial slips to be sent out from the exam boards altohugh in March when we got the jan results my college printed everyones results off for them.

I want to know what i got, also at my college alot of peoples parents work there so does this mean they could tell their children their results a week early?
dd1989
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im WORRIED haha but also excited at the same time.

Im just worried i wont even scrape a pass in Eng Lang and Bio, ICT and geo should be okies.

Arrrrrgh
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
1 day and 16 hours or so until universities get to know our results...
jagdomar
Report 12 years ago
Oh gosh, I'm feeling ill!

The UCL Admissions Tutor better look favourably on my application!

I hope I have done it!!!

Who thinks they have just scraped it, or just missed it?

Josh
X
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (274)
80.12%
Leave (68)
19.88%

Watched Threads