Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not quite sure what I need to get for the module results, I'm not sure whether it would be really comforting or really scary lol . I do Eng Lang, Psych, RS and History. One week to go! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jagdomar)
    Well, my blooming school hasn't told us, or maybe I should not have slept in assembly and during form time - Alas, I want to find out on UCAS track, but hope to find out between 8am and 8.30am to leave home at 9.05am, to get the 9.32am train to get to school for 10.15am to walk into the school gates!

Ahhh, UCAS Track BETTER say U/F next to UCL and better show me between 8am and 8.30am!

Josh
    you do know track has failed to work for the last few years? i really don't think it can cope with more than 10 people at a time oh well, wish i knew someone who worked at my unis.

ReputationRep:
    last year I got CDE lol, but i didn't try

This year I know I already have my B in geography but don't have a clue about what the others will be..

Just chill, end of the day, just phone the uni and they might still let you in....

ReputationRep:
    I must not fear, fear is the mind killer, fear is the little death that brings total oblivion........

Just start saying that, works for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    I must not fear, fear is the mind killer, fear is the little death that brings total oblivion........

Just start saying that, works for me
    Out loud?

Anyone doing psycology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stace)
    they've already got our results??
    OMG!!
    didnt think they got them until next week, im stressing now!!
    they get our results on the 13th.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, less than a week to go now! I get my results at 10, so that's......6 days, 22 hours and 35 minutes :afraid: I got my 'Which Way' magazine from UCAS this morning and all the articles on clearing did not do wonders for my nerves! I still don't know whether I'll be checking UCAS Track and I doubt it will work anyway, but I get my post early, so I really hope I'll get a letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l4ur4)
    God, I'm feeling pretty pathetic right now. I am so, so, so scared about next week. I feel pysically sick right now and I'm crying. I still have a flipping week to go until I actually find out. I dread to think what I'll be like next week.

I need to get 240 points to get into Uni, which I realise isn't all that much, but I found some of my exams pretty horrible, so I don't know if 240 is actually achievable. I only got CDEE last year. I dropped one of those E subjects, and picked up Gen Studies.

It doesnt help that my friends are actually excited about next week :eek:
    One of basically told me to get a grip, as he needs to get double that to get into uni! Another has said she will cry if she hasn't got AAAA Distinction.

I feel so pathetic and ridiculous worrying over my stupidly low offer.

somebody must be feeling as crappy as me about results? people keep trying to reassure me, but if anything it makes me dread it even more, because I will have to face the dissapointment when I don't achieve good results.

god, theres no point even worrying about it anymore, Chester will know today if I got in or not. I just can't help feeling so pathetic, as much as I hate this feeling.
    Success is relative. Do not compare your successes and failures to your friends who have higher asperations than you. That will make you feel awful in every respect, because it will make you feel that this panic is for something insignificant, and that'll only make things worse. You want 240 points.

I will not tell you "oh you'll be fine" because I find that most infuriating myself. People who do not know me assuring me that I passed with flying colours, its frustrating that no one will say anymore than "you'll get in". What I can say that may help, is that no matter what happens, even if (god forbid) you come out with somethign like DDE, you *DO* have options. You may not feel it now, but if you failed to get into university, you are not out of options. For example, retakes (I am sure your sixth form co-ordinater can arrange for you to attend lessons to help with this), or you can apply for work with the qualifications you do get.

I hope the best for you .

ReputationRep:
    dont worry. alot of the people must be feeling the same. like ive said in other threads, i got shrapnels of crap in my underear from all this fear

ReputationRep:
    A week today...
    A week today...
    A week today...
    A week today...
    A week today...

*cries* I'm so worried about this... Am regretting uni choices and worried that i'll even get into the ones i DID pick!

ReputationRep:
    Okay I had my first results dream last night. It was a bit odd.
    All I remember was opening up the results slip and seeing the craziest marks ever! Some had 0's next to them, other's had 100's, and some of my maths modules were in the low 50's. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    don't worry! well, try not to at least.

everyone has their own targets, and i know how you feel about next week, i wish we could get our results spontaneously rather than on a set date, it'd make it just that easier to look at.

your friends may be looking forward to the results, but at the end of the day everyone hopes the best, they probably fear getting their results too, they just want to get it asap.

tbh its only a week away, and i'm sure you'll have done yourself justice if you tried hard, revised hard, and did well in your coursework. theres not much that can be done now, you've just got to wait and see.

for the meantime, try going out, keep your mind off of the exams? it'll help, you'll be more prepared to get your results that way.

ReputationRep:
    Im excited and scared and very worried all at the same time which is a wierd feeling to have! Im excited because weve been wiating ages and i just want to know now. I'm scared and worried because im not sure ive got what i need to get to my first choice uni. I wnat thursday to come quickly so i can find out, but if i dont like my results i just want to go back to not knowing! ignorance is bliss!

ReputationRep:
    I got my results today. 320 ucas points. I needed 240 to get into Uni.... Meh.

Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    That UCAS magazine was frustrating. *opens cover* "A level Retake Courses"....At this point next week I do not intend to be sober...

ReputationRep:
    welldone mate. all the best

ReputationRep:
    I have decided to check track after all. I just wont be able to resist the temptation. I know theres about a 0.00001% chance of it working so I guess I'll still be able to have the anticipation of opening the envelope.

shfkjfhbfdkjjjjjbnjknlknklsldkjf kldjfkldsjfkldsjfkl aaaahhh I'm excited!!!

ReputationRep:
    ARGH!

In a week's time, the course of our lives may be forever altered!

ReputationRep:
    Well done. If uni's have rejected you... do they still get your results????

ReputationRep:
    well if youve applied there and you dont make their grades they reject you
    but if you applied and got rejected without an offer being made then no because your no concern of theirs.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.