Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WorkHouse)
    Tell me about it, No body from our school managed Oxbridge this year but i got a conditional form Durham... Our school does this really wierd-ass thing when they liase with the press, they don't pick the kids with the best results they pick them with the most prestigious uni places... I could have been in the local rag! lmao... sorry i can't keep a straight face while claiming that would be a good thing

in all seriousness though - i'm crapping it now and the dreams are getting worse, am i the only one who gets wierd pre result dreams?
    nooo! i've had so many dreams about it. None of them have been good yet though ! I just fail in every dream! Good practise for results day though, I guess...!!

ReputationRep:
    no, i get them too...well, i got them quite a lot a few weeks ago, but i havent had any this week...hope thats a good sign!!
    my mum is getting more worried than me, she dreamt i passed out when i opened my results, but she's doesn't know if thats because i missed my grades or because i was so relieved to get them!? :confused:

your school sounds like mine when it comes to the newspaper thing! :p: bring on the exposure! lol!

ReputationRep:
    haha. Local newspapers eh!? Yeh we have people going to oxbridge and durham etc so i'll escape that pleasure! And they get you to hold your results envelope up in the air and look happy = looking really stupid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatecheese)
    no, i get them too...well, i got them quite a lot a few weeks ago, but i havent had any this week...hope thats a good sign!!
    my mum is getting more worried than me, she dreamt i passed out when i opened my results, but she's doesn't know if thats because i missed my grades or because i was so relieved to get them!? :confused:

your school sounds like mine when it comes to the newspaper thing! :p: bring on the exposure! lol!
    My mums just worried because i've become a stroppy little madame.
    The dreams are just plain wierd now. A variation on a theme though. Last nights was like groundhog day in that every guy i'd ever fancied and my ex's all came to give me my results one by one in the same scenario each time which was in my grandma's back garden. I was given my K my G and my B (i'm not even joking) in a little purple envelope by each of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WorkHouse)
    My mums just worried because i've become a stroppy little madame.
    :ditto: I don't realise I'm being moody but I can't be bothered doing ANYTHING until I have my results.

ReputationRep:
    oh thank god I'm not the only one! I'm so snappy and intolerable at the moment, I just cant be arsed with anything other than worrying about my results! The only time I'm not is when I drink, and i've promised myself im not drinking again until results day

ReputationRep:
    God this week is going to go so slowly! I just want to KNOW!

ReputationRep:
    if Ucas find out today...can we check our track?

n i'm not having any dreams... this is sooo weird... crap, now i'm worried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    no, track will be updated at 8.30 next THursday morning. As we ALL know.

(Original post by -x-buttercup-x-)
    oh thank god I'm not the only one! I'm so snappy and intolerable at the moment, I just cant be arsed with anything other than worrying about my results! The only time I'm not is when I drink, and i've promised myself im not drinking again until results day
    I'm exactly the same, bar the drinking. I'm trying to build up my lightweightness before uni by spending the summer almost entirely sober (with the exception of next Thursday ) So I wil continue to be a moody ***** for another 6 days.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh, My friends get bored of me when I keep on talking about results and TSR; I have shared some of the dreams that people have had, and they all just stare at me blankly!

I really want to get my results and know if I have got in.

The joke for me is that my aunty works at UCL, but I haven't spoken to her for about 6 months, and feel bad asking her to check my results ... what should I do?

Josh

ReputationRep:
    It blooming better go live at 8.00am .... I really don't want to go to school without knowing whether I have got into UCL or not. I don't care if I miss the grade by 1, but I MUST get into UCL!

Josh
    X

ReputationRep:
    god its going so slowwwwwwly
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Right - this thread and others are doing my head in.

Can you all quit repeating rumours that aren't accurate - the FACTS (at least so far as UCAS have communicated with universities) are available on this thread.

jogdomar - I wouldn't hold your breath on Track being up and running at 8am, that's the plan but this is UCAS and they're crap at these things.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^^^^ ME TOO ... got a plan to find out the results early?

ReputationRep:
    Ive been having so many dreams!! no joke!! I had about 4 last night. I got 2 Bs and an E or U in them. Makes me feel worse cus while I think the E will be accurate, the Bs wont be!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The best way to find out your results is to get yourselves down to school/college and pick them yourself! Don't hang around waiting for UCAS to update! It may not even fully update till the day after from what it says on the site. No one will find out results any earlier than the 17th and I don't think relatives working at uni's can tell you either!

ReputationRep:
    Grrrr it's less than a week away now, you'd think it would start going quickly, but nooooooo :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    But everyday gone is one day closer...and it is now less than a week! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    Well for me time seems to be flying. The thing I hate about results day is how all that worrying, all those last second adding up of UMS marks moments, all of those nervous looks from family and friends, the bowel twitching moments of panic in the journey to school, the looks from your teachers you can't quite interpret as being of pleasure or twisted evilness that you have failed, your own smile as you finally hold the envelope in your hand, the shaking hands as you open/rip it open, the sliding out of the results slips, the quick glance over the results, then the slow one, then the realisation you have done it or not quite made it or failed: It's just over so quickly!

ReputationRep:
    i need to find out the situation in Barcelona airport cos i'm flying back at about 2am on results day and i don't wanna be delayed :bawling:

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.