Turn on thread page Beta

Results Day Countdown watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supertramp)
    Ahh, but it sure makes them more enjoyable
    lols, it does indeed

ReputationRep:
    yeh i think this thread will be active during the very early hours of thrusday morning...those of us who cannot sleep:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Or chose not to - to mark the occasion:p:

ReputationRep:
    lols
    or are too drunk to sleep properly following impromptu pre-results parties/piss-ups. Or at least that was like me last year.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. That site is brilliant. Made me laugh. I think I'll leave it up right until the day. I plan to get in half an hour before they open up so I'll definately have my results before I get my (fingers crossed) offer from the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah getting pissed the night before is always a winner to take your mind off it all....so long as you're not so bad that you can't make it in to get your results lol!!

ReputationRep:
    Or still drunk the next morning, wind up missing grades and phoning unis begging them to let you in offering humiliating tasks on your behalf for a place.

ReputationRep:
    Lol well after said piss-up, I managed to be up at 8 to catch the bus to be home for 9 to get changed, to meet my mate and go to college to get his results, then to my (then) school to get mine. Good times. Was pretty amazed that I pulled it off though to be honest :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Note)
    Lol. That site is brilliant. Made me laugh. I think I'll leave it up right until the day. I plan to get in half an hour before they open up so I'll definately have my results before I get my (fingers crossed) offer from the uni.
    QE opens at 10:30 doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *titanium*)
    omg! this is terrible, if i dont get any letter im going to be soo scared coming in to school.
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mj1988)
    my dad works for edexcel so i will know my results for maths and physics on the 16th.

means i will have to wait less timethan all the people in my school...n then ill place a bet with people to predict what grades i got and then ill be slightly richer.
    i could get one of mine early but i've chosen not to. because if the result is good then i'll think the others went well and then i'll most likely get a shock when the are bad. also if its bad i'll assume the others are. i need the results for uni arrangements so they are useless unless i get them at the same time. and also what has your dad told you, i could have asked for mine way before the 16th :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxczxc)
    QE opens at 10:30 doesn't it?
    I'm not sure. I was gonna call some people up and find out. Were you listening in the leavers assembly? *tut tut*
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    There is the possibility of getting a letter on the 17th (if you've met your offer) but only if the uni has told UCAS quick enough. All this stuff is the UCAS/Applications etc forum!! Link is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=245571

ReputationRep:
    I just had an idea. If my results are not good enough, im going to go and do a diffrent course for a year so i dont slip out of the whole routine, whilst i retake some exams.

I like to think im an optimist, and now im almost pleased (well not quiet) at the thought of failing since it will mean i get two freshers weeks!

ReputationRep:
    I want them now now now!!! HUMPH!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by KinkayGema)
    I want them now now now!!! HUMPH!!!
    Me too!! The waiting is driving me crazy!! I find it so weird to think that UCAS know our results and as of tomorrow so will the unis.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: just heard i get mine 11-1! i'll be up there at 10o dammit!

ReputationRep:
    i think this thread needs a song to cheer everyone up, and only one song is reallly appropriate....

*ahem*

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!... do do do do, do do do do do...etc.

sorry :p:

ReputationRep:
    im literally sh*ting myself!!!!! I emailed the uni the otherday just to ask what my options are if i miss out because I dont really want to go to another uni. Hopefully they reply to that on Monday but now Ive found out that they will probs have the results by then at the Uni so they will know when they reply to the message!! Ahhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemby!)
    i think this thread needs a song to cheer everyone up, and only one song is reallly appropriate....

*ahem*

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!... do do do do, do do do do do...etc.

sorry :p:
    that song makes me want to cry

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.