Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgo)
    do u reckon as ppl shud be as worried as a2 for thursday. I mean AS people like me can always resit. A2 are off to uni.

resits are hardly fun though are they? Besides, some people have extra strict parents who won't accept failure at any level :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, jagdomar, i'm going to have to file an application for your insanity! You took your exam papers out of the exam hall, wrote your answers and disected to predict your grade?! I'm sure i'm not alone in just wanting to forget the exam, and wait for the mark! Why put yourself through the pain of possibly realising you made a huge mistake and seeing it in front of you? Instantly your confidence goes, and the summer becomes a torture leading up to the big day.

I could not care less what the answer to question 2, part c was, I just want the grade! You'll probably get 87/90 in one module and requests the paper back, because in your judgement from your marking you should have got 90/90!

I'm doing Law at UCL by the way (hopefully)...On another note, is anyone getting sick of people asking where you are going and you say, and then have to put a "hopefully" after every sentence? It's about time for us to succeed in getting good results, then wear a t-shirt with your uni and course in small letters and a massive "UNCONDITIONAL" in large red letters across the front and back. That would get the message across methinks!

ReputationRep:
    yer parents are really the worst thing for me. its convincing them if i dso bad. dont want to be sick again like last year!

ReputationRep:
    im getting very worried......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzukiescudo)
    im getting very worried......
    just try and think of something else. are u as or a2

(Original post by morgo)
    yer parents are really the worst thing for me. its convincing them if i dso bad. dont want to be sick again like last year!
    how to convince them by being sick... you have to convince them that you were sick during the exams - now that's gonna be a mission!

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for my results. Don't think i've done fantastically, but then i don't really need to. Did spend ages revising though, but what's done is done! Uni's now know who's in and who (might) not be anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I know you're all nervous about results day - so am I (and I got my A level results 9 years ago!) - but please try to stay calm and don't spread rumours that may well cause someone harm (staying up all night refreshing Track isn't the best start to a day where you might have to try to argue your case to be let onto a course...especially when Track won't go live in the middle of the night!).

Everyone on TSR from CN to the newest newbie is wishing you all the best luck for results day and we'll all be here to help you through any problems you have on the day and after

Thats a great speech by pq that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildfire)
    how to convince them by being sick... you have to convince them that you were sick during the exams - now that's gonna be a mission!
    no , i was sick last yr during reuslts day itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgo)
    just try and think of something else. are u as or a2
    im a2 x2 i resat the year.....

im sooo worried......

every results day i always cried, i wish i get a good results day this time. i really wish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l4ur4)
    I has another "You're worrying about 3 Cs?!" thing from my clever* friends today.

Pisses me off something chronic. Especially after the crap of results day last year!

*Clever may not be the right word. A few of my friends are as thick as two short planks and still manage to predicted As.
    tell them to stick it sad ppl

ReputationRep:
    there are far too many threads about results day, should be merged.

ReputationRep:
    aww, what did u get at gcse and what subjects u doin

ReputationRep:
    im a2 x2 i resat the year.....

im sooo worried......

every results day i always cried, i wish i get a good results day this time. i really wish.
    a2 x2? What do you mean? You took the year again?

ReputationRep:
    me....

im doing,
    AS chemistry
    A2 biology
    A2 ICT

what do you do if you dont get the grades??
    yea i resat as level..

so ive done AS twice and A2 once

ReputationRep:
    There will be millions on Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    i kno ye sami, going to be mad. tmoz is my last day of enjoyment

ReputationRep:
    me....

im doing,
    AS chemistry
    A2 biology
    A2 ICT

what do you do if you dont get the grades??
    yea i resat as level..

so ive done AS twice and A2 once
    well i sppose there ssomething called clearing, i dont kno as im as level but u can stil lget in. What grades did u get first time round which made u want to resit the whole year.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are you'll probably be able to get in through clearing so don't worry too much yet.

ReputationRep:
    UUE!
    thats why i resat the entire year

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.