The Student Room Group

History Syllabus Concerns

I'm doing IGCSE Geography, so far so good, but I also wanted to do History too. However, I hate the syllabus to History.

Thing is, there are many things in History I'd LOVE to study, such as the ancient egyptions, castles, medieval stuff etc... things like that interest me.

But the syllabus to History was nothing but politics. Which I find boring. Stuff like nations and nationalist challenges and independence... it was all political stuff and all from the 20th century.

My questions are:
1 - Does anyone else feel the same as I do regarding History?
2 - Are there any History courses where you can actually choose your modules, and actually cover the things I mentioned rather than just politics?

I'm just a little dissapointed I guess, because History could potentially be very interesting for me, but in the IGCSE Syllabus there is no variety, it's all political stuff!
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Anyone?
Reply 3
I'm the same, that stuff bores me too. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do if that is the exam your school/college has chosen. At least at uni you can tailor your degree to your interests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending