Turn on thread page Beta

السلامُ عَلَيْكُم watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unseen_ Angel)
    Read back a few pages ya weled
    Inta sharmuta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unseen_ Angel)
    I love the fact that people who don't understand Arabic are clueless to these insults w0000000000000t
    *Feels fortunate to know (some) Arabic.*

ReputationRep:
    Shukran!

ReputationRep:
    فرحان

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Shukran!
    Afwen.

(Original post by justfarhan)
    فرحان
    ;thumbsup;

ReputationRep:
    السلام عليكم ..
    أنا عربى مصري .. وكما فهمت تريدون التكلم بالعربية وأنا معكم ومستعد لأى مساعدة
    iam arabic egyptian and i understood that you want to talk in arabic so iam ready to give any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elhady)
    السلام عليكم ..
    أنا عربى مصري .. وكما فهمت تريدون التكلم بالعربية وأنا معكم ومستعد لأى مساعدة
    iam arabic egyptian and i understood that you want to talk in arabic so iam ready to give any help
    Oh cool - can you tell me how to say "I wrote the sentences, but I don't know whether they are right or not"?
    I guess it would be something like: "Katabtu 'l-jumulaata walaakinna laa... (sth sth) ...in hunna sahiihatun.."
    Can you correct me? This is MSA by the way..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linguist786)
    Oh cool - can you tell me how to say "I wrote the sentences, but I don't know whether they are right or not"?
    I guess it would be something like: "Katabtu 'l-jumulaata walaakinna laa... (sth sth) ...in hunna sahiihatun.."
    walaakinna laa aaruf itha inuhha sahiihatun. I *think*

Thanks for the rep from the other day linguist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **noooni**)
    walaakinna laa aaruf itha inuhha sahiihatun. I *think*

Thanks for the rep from the other day linguist!
    !شكرا يا اختي

and عفوا for the thanks for the rep lol

Now I am wondering about the Arabic. Would this be right (based on what you said..):

كتبت الجملات ولاكن لا اعرف اذا انه صحيحة

?
    I'm unsure about the "inuhha" - that's almost unpronouncable lol - can you confirm again (I use double letters for shaddahs of course). Is it not "innahum" or something? or even "innahunna" - since "jumulaat" is feminine plural..?
    Sorry if I'm talking in jargons lol, I know you probably just speak Arabic spontaneously without thinking about grammar rules like I do!

ReputationRep:
    !شكرا يا اختي

and عفوا for the thanks for the rep lol

Now I am wondering about the Arabic. Would this be right (based on what you said..):

كتبت الجملات ولاكن لا اعرف اذا انه صحيحة

?
    I'm unsure about the "inuhha" - that's almost unpronouncable lol - can you confirm again (I use double letters for shaddahs of course). Is it not "innahum" or something? or even "innahunna" - since "jumulaat" is feminine plural..?
    Sorry if I'm talking in jargons lol, I know you probably just speak Arabic spontaneously without thinking about grammar rules like I do!
    You ask too much my dear:p:

Sorry not only is my arabic spontaneous its also iraqi accented and so am awful at 'fusha' or the grammer rules.
    Although im planning to learn it all this summer:p:
    Hope someone else helps you!

ReputationRep:
    wait i just read that arabic sentance and it *sounds* just fine- dont know any grammer rules though.

ReputationRep:
    No problem noooooooni (however many "o"s you have..:p:)

ReputationRep:
    No problem noooooooni (however many "o"s you have..:p:)
    'o's rock! The more the better :cool:

ReputationRep:
    thank you for caring .. and you are very near ...

I wrote = katabtu = كَتبتُ
    the sentences = al-jumala = الجُمَلَ
    but = walakinne = ولكنّى
    I don't know = la a'lamu = لا أعلم
    whether they are = in konna sahiihaten = إن كنَّ صحيحاتٍ ( i think that would be better )
    or not = amm laa = أم لا

so it be : ( katabtu al jumala walakinne la a'lamu in konna sahiihaten amm laa )
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    hahaha! ooo my try was so far from 'fusha'
    I need to learn anything more than common slang.

ReputationRep:
    thank you for caring .. and you are very near ...

I wrote = katabtu = كَتبتُ
    the sentences = al-jumala = الجُمَلَ
    but = walakinne = ولكنّى
    I don't know = la a'lamu = لا أعلم
    whether they are = in konna sahiihaten = إن كنَّ صحيحاتٍ ( i think that would be better )
    or not = amm laa = أم لا

so it be : ( katabtu al jumala walakinne la a'lamu in konna sahiihaten amm laa )
    good luck
    !شكرا يا اخي! مصر بلد جميله ولكن لم تكن هناك! لكن انا ذاهب الي المروك بعد ثلاثه اسابيع

(corrections appreciated!!)

ReputationRep:
    i just want to say that ( al jumalaat = الجملات ) isn't very good ,you should say ( al jumal = الجُمَل ) to have the right one

ReputationRep:
    not at all ,and iam ready for any help ,and iam very happy to see this care of the arabic language ,and the more you know arabic the more you find it great

ReputationRep:
    i just want to say that ( al jumalaat = الجملات ) isn't very good ,you should say ( al jumal = الجُمَل ) to have the right one
    Yes you said that in your previous post my friend - nothing is overlooked by me my Egyptian akhii! :p::biggrin:

I think you misunderstood me - I meant "corrections appreciated" in the actual sentence I said:

(شكرا يا اخي! مصر بلد جميله ولكن لم تكن هناك! لكن انا ذاهب الي المروك بعد ثلاثه اسابيع)

But thanks anyway - you've been a greaaaaat help!!

ReputationRep:
    not at all ,and iam ready for any help ,and iam very happy to see this care of the arabic language ,and the more you know arabic the more you find it great
    yes! al-lugatul arabiyyah jamiilatun jidan!

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.