_Samuel_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

At the moment, I'm currently studying 4 AS: Maths, French, Politics, and Religious Studies.

I'm not enjoying 6th Form, and would be interested in going to college next year to study A2.

I've decided on doing PPE at Uni, so preferably want to carry French, Politics, and RS into A2.

Even if exam boards are different, would it be possible to do AS at 6th Form, and A2 at college? Would it affect me at all?

Thank you!
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by _Samuel_)
Hi,

At the moment, I'm currently studying 4 AS: Maths, French, Politics, and Religious Studies.

I'm not enjoying 6th Form, and would be interested in going to college next year to study A2.

I've decided on doing PPE at Uni, so preferably want to carry French, Politics, and RS into A2.

Even if exam boards are different, would it be possible to do AS at 6th Form, and A2 at college? Would it affect me at all?

Thank you!
Not really. You can swap exam boards and keep your ums for several subjects anyways. Exam officer deals with it all.

Better ask the college first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
_Samuel_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Jkizer)
Not really. You can swap exam boards and keep your ums for several subjects anyways. Exam officer deals with it all.

Better ask the college first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya.

Thanks for the help. I've emailed the Exams Officer at the college.

Thanks.
Xscape
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

Thank you!
In the same position as you really want to go college for A2. Find out through email next week if my main one will accept me. What a-levels are you going to do at the college?
_Samuel_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Xscape)
In the same position as you really want to go college for A2. Find out through email next week if my main one will accept me. What a-levels are you going to do at the college?
Good luck with it!

For AS I'm doing:
Maths (Edexcel)
French (Edexcel)
Politics (AQA)
Religious Studies (Edexcel)

But for A2:
Maths (OCR)
French (AQA)
Politics (AQA)

So French and Maths are the ones changing exam board.

How about you?
Xscape
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good luck with it!

For AS I'm doing:
Maths (Edexcel)
French (Edexcel)
Politics (AQA)
Religious Studies (Edexcel)

But for A2:
Maths (OCR)
French (AQA)
Politics (AQA)

So French and Maths are the ones changing exam board.

How about you?
hey, you still transferring? Just wondering is it around october when we are at our new college we hand in the form to say we changed?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (605)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.89%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (354)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed