Where to study Textiles? Watch

BreeVanDeKamp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Have 7 universities in mind to study textiles at in 2014, but genuinely have no idea which 5 to settle on to apply for, options are -

Brighton
Norwich
Chelsea
Derby
Huddersfield
De Montford
Cleveland college of Art and Design

Anyone been to any of these and would recommend them? Would like some honest opinions to see if the rose tinted stuff they feed you at open days and UCAS fairs is just trying to brain wash you, or if it's actually true..

Thanks
mememememememe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi I'm also applying this year, and have been to a few that you have mentioned. i really liked norwich as a place but i wasn't completely sure it was the best course- what did you think? it doesn't seem to have a reputation like for example chelsea and facilities wise it was ok...

i also went to the open days for demontfort, chelsea and huddersfield what did you think of them?
University of Brighton Accommodation
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BreeVanDeKamp)
Have 7 universities in mind to study textiles at in 2014, but genuinely have no idea which 5 to settle on to apply for, options are -

Brighton
Norwich
Chelsea
Derby
Huddersfield
De Montford
Cleveland college of Art and Design

Anyone been to any of these and would recommend them? Would like some honest opinions to see if the rose tinted stuff they feed you at open days and UCAS fairs is just trying to brain wash you, or if it's actually true..

Thanks
Hi BreeVanDeKamp

I'm one of the official TSR reps at Brighton. I also graduated from the fashion course here (taught next door to and sometimes together with textiles) this summer. I'm happy to answer any questions if there is anything that you would like to know that could help you find out what you need.

I'm not afraid to say that I loved my course and the location of Brighton itself. But I also know that choosing the right place to be and right course to study on is an important personal decision. Even if it is the same subject, the content of a textiles course can vary from one institution to another (more fashion, or fine art, with or without industrial placements, strong industry links, the types of projects, equipment and facilities, where graduates end up working…) so I'd advise having a good look at those things.

Also have a good think about where you want to be - the type of location and lifestyle you want while you are a student If you can, visit those places (the university and the local area) as it can really help you decide what you prefer.

I hope this is helpful - and good luck!
Best Wishes
Viv
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.2%
The paper was reasonable (1037)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
7.66%

Watched Threads