I just told her 'I Love You' Watch

shady lane
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pumpkin7)
mm, my boyfriend said that to me after a few hours.. though we had spent a bit of time together before hand.. i didn't see it as anything particularly life changing.
Was less than three months for me in one relationship. We'd been friends for about 6 months before we started dating, by 2 1/2 months of dating he'd said it.
Laika
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The texting her after was stupid. Every single girl (no matter if she loves you or not) will love if you tell her that you love her. But the texting her was stupid, because now it seems like you want her to say the same back. You could turn it into a joke: call her and say "did you hear? did you hear? i can't keep it inside me, i love you sooooo much, i love you in the morning, in the evening, all the time...I LOVE YOU! you're the most lovable thing!" or something along those lines.
Definitely don't do that.
tinkerbellejess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol yeah, she probably jsut feels like maybe you're forcing her to say it back, by asking her about it
pumpkin7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ergh.. why do people take 'i love you's' so seriously? i mean, my boyfriend didn't officially ask me out either. we just enjoyed each others company so we decided to be together.
tinkerbellejess
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Amnesia)
Usually I would recommend waiting for her to say she loves you first in a relationship before you tell her you love her. Also, if you do feel the need to say it tell her person next time. That way you can see her reaction and it will put her on the spot. Telling her you love her will not increase her attraction for you, in fact it could do the opposite.
Us girlies absolutely love it when the guy says it first! It shows they feel it too
Amnesia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tinkerbellejess)
Us girlies absolutely love it when the guy says it first! It shows they feel it too
I wish that was the case, but in my experience it has been the complete opposite. Maybe I'm meeting the wrong girls.
tinkerbellejess
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Although saying that, I can't remember who said it first out of me and my bf...maybe it's not such a big deal afterall!
Shreerac1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well in those 3 months we spent a hell of allot of time together. I've lived with her, shes lived with me. It just feels so right. I've grown to understand her in such a short time and everything feels so right between us. I even introduced my gf to one of my friends and while we was having dinner she was looking at me. My friend said 'you can see how much you 2 are in love'. I said how can you tell, he said the eye contact gives it all away. I mean that was hes view but I just know it.
And who is your friend, Cilla Black?
podder
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if only been dating 3 months your still in the honeymoon period. it always feels so good in this time. in my expereince it dies down after a while. seems a bit early to tell her you love her and could have freaked her out a little. but then a gain who am i to judge your and hers feelings. just give it time just dont go saying it loads to her
pumpkin7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you think three months is too early?! woah.
HerRoyalHighness
Badges:
Report 12 years ago
well my boyf told me before we went out, but we were friends for a long while, i think its good to be expressive in a relationship.
Friggerpants
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by al-CIAda)
omg you told her you loved her? what on earth were you thinking? dont you know the age old maxim "treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen" - as soon as you start telling a girl you love her she'll either lose interest because you're no longer a challenge - i.e she already won the game, you love her now.. OR .. she'll start walking all over you because you're the one thats in love. she will crush you like a paper cup.

oh i dont envy you one bit, sonny!

may god have mercy on your soul.
Congratulations, you've won the award for the most idiotic member on this forum!

Please allow for up to 28 days for your award.
clouddweller
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is it just me that thinks 'love YOU' and 'love YA' are different? In reference to your girlfriends response....
Amnesia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Friggerpants)
Congratulations, you've won the award for the most idiotic member on this forum!

Please allow for up to 28 days for your award.
He might of went a bit over the top, but I have to admit that I agree with his philosophy to some extent. Maybe you have not experienced enough of the real world just yet.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by clouddweller)
is it just me that thinks 'love YOU' and 'love YA' are different? In reference to your girlfriends response....
No.
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
No.
I agree. "Love you" and "Love ya" are different. It could be a bad thing - i.e. I like you a lot but not enough to tell you I love you sincerely. Or, it could be a case of embarrasment for the girl, in the sense that she doesn't want to say "I love you" by text in some isolated, can't-see-your-response incident.

It would have been better to say it face-to-face. But it seems ok.
Time To Dance...
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by clouddweller)
Oh, no, they're definately different! "Love you" is far more serious, but "Love ya" is playful... Could she just be saying it because she doesn't feel ready to say "love YOU" or because she doesn't know what else to say?
Elusive Moose
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That, or maybe she likes using text speak. It's hard to judge from a text, see what happens in person.

(also am I weird in thinking that 'I love you' is different from those two again?)
goonerjack
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah I love you is defo top of the serious pile!

love you is fine, love ya kinda kinda gets an awkward feeling rating i guess
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I guess she isn't in love with me as of yet but really likes me. Time will tell.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (71)
30.34%
No - I got the required grades (132)
56.41%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.25%

Watched Threads