The Student Room Group

Algebraic Equations?

Hi All,

My tutor has asked me to revise in my own time Algebraic Equations. This is all she said to me and when i got home i could not find anything on this?? Just wondering if it is more commonly known as something else?

I cant even give you an example sorry :frown:, but if someone knows and can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.
Reply 1
Original post by mar090888
Hi All,

My tutor has asked me to revise in my own time Algebraic Equations. This is all she said to me and when i got home i could not find anything on this?? Just wondering if it is more commonly known as something else?

I cant even give you an example sorry :frown:, but if someone knows and can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

What year are you in? Are you studying GCSE?

'Algebraic equations' does make sense but you'd normally just say 'algebra' or 'equations'. Are you sure it wasn't something else like e.g. 'quadratic equations'?
Reply 2
Original post by notnek
What year are you in? Are you studying GCSE?

'Algebraic equations' does make sense but you'd normally just say 'algebra' or 'equations'. Are you sure it wasn't something else like e.g. 'quadratic equations'?

Cheers for the reply notnek. Im studying GCSE maths. However as im taking the higher tier paper and not everybody in the class are. My tutor will set me some extra homework for the higher paper.

Since ive been messaging i remember she may of said "factorising quadratics" as well. Does this sound right?
Reply 3
Cheers for the reply notnek. Im studying GCSE maths. However as im taking the higher tier paper and not everybody in the class are. My tutor will set me some extra homework for the higher paper.

Since ive been messaging i remember she may of said "factorising quadratics" as well. Does this sound right?

EDIT = to factorise quadratics wont i need to be able to expand quadratics first?
Reply 4
EDIT = to factorise quadratics wont i need to be able to expand quadratics first?

Yes you will need to be able to expand brackets e.g. (x+2)(x-3) before you can factorise. Have you learnt how to expand?
Reply 5
Yes we have done expanding. Thanks for your help :smile: if my tutor just gave me a list of what to learn one after the other in some sort of order for algebra it would be easier but ive got that mymaths.co,uk which is quite good just not sure what to do after what.

Soldiering on :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest