The Student Room Group

Uni Life at UCL/ Nottingham/ Southampton/ Lancaster/ Leicester

Hey :smile: I've applied to UCL, Southampton, Nottingham, Lancaster and Leicester to study modern languages next year. Obviously I need offers first, but I really don't know which ones are my particular favourites so I was just wondering what the best and worst things about each one are?! Would really appreciate to know anything, good or bad, about the city, uni life, accomodation, night life, the people etc literally anything to help me decide! Thankyouuuu! Also has anyone else applied for languages at these unis?! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by chloe17
Hey :smile: I've applied to UCL, Southampton, Nottingham, Lancaster and Leicester to study modern languages next year. Obviously I need offers first, but I really don't know which ones are my particular favourites so I was just wondering what the best and worst things about each one are?! Would really appreciate to know anything, good or bad, about the city, uni life, accomodation, night life, the people etc literally anything to help me decide! Thankyouuuu! Also has anyone else applied for languages at these unis?! :smile:

I'm at Leicester atm! I love it so much, a lot more than I thought it would! My initial view of it was that the campus was really nice but the city was pretty grotty, but actually I wouldn't say that's true at all, I really like the city as well as the uni now too! What's good is because it's quite a big city there's a lot to do nightlifewise, so lots and lots of bars, plus a lot of clubs, there's a student night basically every night and there always tend to be buses running from the halls to the nights, plus taxis back are really cheap! Can't tell you about halls, but from what others have told me they're pretty standard! Everyone is really friendly so far, my main friends I've made have been from my course and from societies, so you shouldn't have any trouble there! If you have any other questions about Leicester just let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending