The Student Room Group

Anyone going to Birmingham Conservatoire Sept 2014 entry? :-)

Just interested to see who else is going/what instrument you play! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey there afraid I cant confirm if I will actually be going, but actually thought i might ask you when you found out about your place from the auditioned! I auditioned 2 weeks ago now hehe
Reply 2
Original post by GreenNinja
Hey there afraid I cant confirm if I will actually be going, but actually thought i might ask you when you found out about your place from the auditioned! I auditioned 2 weeks ago now hehe

Hi! :smile: I found out this Thursday - have you tried checking your CUKAS Track, as well as email notifications? I wasn't notified by email, but my CUKAS status changed :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by KatieKate96
Hi! :smile: I found out this Thursday - have you tried checking your CUKAS Track, as well as email notifications? I wasn't notified by email, but my CUKAS status changed :smile:

What instrument did you audition on? :smile:
Reply 4
I auditioned for voice but haven't heard anything yet! getting impatient now. What is your instrument?
Reply 5
Have applied, just waiting for response, I play Guitar and drums.
Reply 6
Original post by Niallb27
Have applied, just waiting for response, I play Guitar and drums.

Ooh good luck with that! I think some people get replies quite late on, so I wouldn't worry :smile:
Reply 7
Still not heard, replies from other choices but not BC, should I contact them?
Reply 8
Original post by Niallb27
Still not heard, replies from other choices but not BC, should I contact them?
I'd s

I'd say maybe contact them! :s-smilie: Something could have just gone wrong with the system? Good luck! :smile:
Reply 9
I'd s

I'd say maybe contact them! :s-smilie: Something could have just gone wrong with the system? Good luck! :smile:

Thanks did just that, got audition/interview in couple of weeks, would you know which airport is best to fly into and would a train be easier than car hire?
Reply 10
I would say Birmingham International airport is easiest to fly into; from there you can catch the train at Birmingham International Train Station and get off at the next stop, Birmingham New Street :-) From there it's only about 5/10 mins walk up the hill and through Victoria Square :-)
Good luck with your audition! Where are you flying from? :smile:
I am! :biggrin: First study cello - anyone else? :biggrin:
Reply 12
I would say Birmingham International airport is easiest to fly into; from there you can catch the train at Birmingham International Train Station and get off at the next stop, Birmingham New Street :-) From there it's only about 5/10 mins walk up the hill and through Victoria Square :-)
Good luck with your audition! Where are you flying from? :smile:
Ireland.
Reply 13
I received my offer on Tuesday, first study piano.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by stevey226
I received my offer on Tuesday, first study piano.

Awesome Congrats! have you had any consultations to see who you wish to study with?
Reply 15
Awesome Congrats! have you had any consultations to see who you wish to study with?

Oh, I haven't, no. Is this something you have to do before you start? I've got my eye on one tutor who I've read about and listening to their recordings. I don't quite know how this all works!
Reply 16
Oh, I haven't, no. Is this something you have to do before you start? I've got my eye on one tutor who I've read about and listening to their recordings. I don't quite know how this all works!

Yes, when you're offered a place you should be able to have a free consultation lesson, send the head of your department an email (you can find it on the BCU website) :smile:
Reply 17
Yes, when you're offered a place you should be able to have a free consultation lesson, send the head of your department an email (you can find it on the BCU website) :smile:

Brilliant, thank you! I shall look into that at college tomorrow. I'm assuming you've recieved your offer now?
Reply 18
Brilliant, thank you! I shall look into that at college tomorrow. I'm assuming you've recieved your offer now?

Yes, I received it back in December :smile:
Reply 19
Yes, I received it back in December :smile:

Oh, haha, I just noticed how long ago you posted the one about the audition!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending