The Student Room Group

Travelling in Asia 2015

Hi guys!

A friend and I are considering travelling in Asia and then hopefully Australia for 3 months. We were wondering how much it may cost exluding flights.

Also, any cool places that are a must?

Thanks!! xxx
Reply 1
Where are you planning to go in Asia? I spend 12 months in India, and one month in Nepal, and I would recommend both these places. The thing is with India, you can find the cheapest of the cheapest places, but also more luxury hotels than I believe Europe have, so depends what you want:-)
Reply 2
Original post by confused_101
Hi guys!

A friend and I are considering travelling in Asia and then hopefully Australia for 3 months. We were wondering how much it may cost exluding flights.

Also, any cool places that are a must?

Thanks!! xxx

well it depends on you, I would hazard a guess at $1000-$3000+ A month depending on what you want to do any your requirements, check my blog out I am in Oz now and last month I only spend $500, but im sure you wont be living like me, but it may give you an idea of how cheap you can do it if you wanted to.
Reply 3
Original post by harvie_316
well it depends on you, I would hazard a guess at $1000-$3000+ A month depending on what you want to do any your requirements, check my blog out I am in Oz now and last month I only spend $500, but im sure you wont be living like me, but it may give you an idea of how cheap you can do it if you wanted to.

We are planning on living as cheap as we can. Cheap food, cheap accommodation, cheap travel, so we can spend more money on activities. What's your blog called?? Thanks!
Reply 4
We are planning on living as cheap as we can. Cheap food, cheap accommodation, cheap travel, so we can spend more money on activities. What's your blog called?? Thanks!

my travel blog (in my sig also.)
Reply 5
Hostels alone are about 200 dollar a week in Oz, if your spending 500 a month you are not travelling.
Reply 6
Original post by LindaBar
Hostels alone are about 200 dollar a week in Oz, if your spending 500 a month you are not travelling.

I've bugeted it around £20 a day in south east asia. Does that sound realistic? We are planning the lowest of low so nothing extravagant at all.
Reply 7
I've bugeted it around £20 a day in south east asia. Does that sound realistic? We are planning the lowest of low so nothing extravagant at all.

Ya that should be fine if you are planning on travelling on a budget! Occasionaly a big activity or long bus journey will eat into you daily budget but then you will just have to be a bit more careful for a few days.

Southern Thai islands are very expensive too so if your going there then Id expect your daily budget to be a bit higher but that is usually counteracted in places like Laos or Cambodia
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by LindaBar
Ya that should be fine if you are planning on travelling on a budget! Occasionaly a big activity or long bus journey will eat into you daily budget but then you will just have to be a bit more careful for a few days.

Southern Thai islands are very expensive too so if your going there then Id expect your daily budget to be a bit higher but that is usually counteracted in places like Laos or Cambodia

thanks so much. You've been really helpful :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest