tavelling to keele..help please. Watch

sonya_p
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hi

basically i am from wolvehrampton and cannot move to the student accomodation provided by the uni due to some personal circumstances.

The furthest i can move is to Stafford but that would be the last priority. Do you think is it worth travelling from wolverhampton to keele everyday??

I am really confused as i will be travelling by train for some time aswell..

i really want to go to keele but dont know what to do?
*loobylou*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That is a fair way to travel to uni. Do you not fancy anywhere closer to home?
The train will cost a fair amount and due to the distance you'll be missing out on some of what Keele is about, as a social life would be difficult due to gettting home and if you stayed on a night out you'd have to stay at others blocks or get a late train which isn't very safe. Plus there's the cost and it could be tiring travelling each day which could affect your work.

But if you really want to come then you'll have to evaluate the positive points and see fi they will out weigh the negatives. Have you discussed it with your parents? What do they think? Can your reasons for not stopping be resolved?

If you want any more help at all you can pm for my addy. Hope that helps and doesn't add to the confusion.

xx
Lunar_Scorpion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I live in Stafford and you don't want to live here it's a ****hole LOL!

Seriously though, it would be cheaper for travel as you can get a First bus pass - the 101 goes to Newcastle from Stafford town centre and you can get a bus to Keele from there. It takes just over an hour altogether, 40 minutes up to an hour on the 101 then 10-15 minutes to get to Keele, with a few minutes waiting at Newcastle bus station.

You could get the train to Stoke or Crewe station, but then it's about 30 minutes on the bus from Stoke and I imagine it is a similar length of time from Crewe (which is slightly further away). I know it's about 20 minutes from Stafford to Stoke, so the journey time would be about the same as if you went by bus (which is cheaper).

The website for First is: http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/nort...home/index.php

Arriva (amongst others - don't know the website for them though) do the 85 bus that goes through Keele from Crewe and Newcastle (and they also run all the buses in Stafford - in case you ever need to use them):
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/

Traveline is good as it has information for all the bus/train companies:
http://www.traveline.org.uk/index.htm

It really is up to you, but there are quite a few student houses in Stafford. I know the place like the back of my hand (almost) so if you need any help or more information then I'm here!
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
To get to stoke from Wolverhampton you will probs have to change at New Street and then get a Virgin train to Stoke (the Reading to Manc Picc. train, which i get to go home to Reading lol!)

Or just to annoy Lunar...get a car! lol! (Only kidding...driving up the M6 every day would NOT be fun!)

Graham
Lunar_Scorpion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Car would actually be a better idea, however as the OP specifically mentioned rail travel I presumed that she doesn't have a car (which is a good idea in Wolverhampton as parking is atrocious).

Wolverhampton is closer to Stoke than Birmingham New Street so why would she need to change there?!? There should be plenty of trains that go straight from Wolverhampton to Stoke...
*loobylou*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lunar is right there are direct trains to stoke-on-trent from Wolverhampton so thats a plus but wouldn't it be difficult to get in for 9 o clock lectures. I know some of my friends struggle getting there by bus but i'm guessing Lunar would know how easy it is.
Lunar_Scorpion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You would just have to wake up bloody early and hope the buses/trains are on time...
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My geography is crap then...which is kinda worrying as i study it but i guess sh 1t happens!

Sorry

Graham
thekillerpie
Report 12 years ago
Some of the Virgin Trains to Stoke stop in Wolverhampton...not sure how many...but they stop at Wolverhampton and Stafford on the way to Stoke...takes about 35-40 mins on the train, then about the same on a bus to Keele itself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise