Edexcel AS Maths Syllabus! Watch

lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey,
I'm not the best at maths but i love it and im predicted an A at GCSE and have chosen it for Alevel. I do know though, that I'm going to have to be ahead of teaching if I want a good grade as I do find it very difficult. I was therefore wondering whether anyone has the syllabus for Edexcel AS Maths or just a list of what I need to know for C1. I have checked the edexcel website, and they don't actually have the syllabus there from what I could see for AS. Thankyou very much.
x
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well you could ask your school maths department..
arktos
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Just wait until september mate, C1 is nothing to worry about tbh.
Llamaman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Here's the edexcel maths specification: http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualCon...cification.pdf
Eau
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
The exam board, edexcel, is gonna make the papers harder now, so it is a good idea to learn the syllabus.

Rather than reading a bit from syllabi everywhere during the summer, learn some topics, e.g. differientiation, in depth. That's my tips from experience
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wildfire)
The exam board, edexcel, is gonna make the papers harder now, so it is a good idea to learn the syllabus.

Rather than reading a bit from syllabi everywhere during the summer, learn some topics, e.g. differientiation, in depth. That's my tips from experience
Right, how do you know this?
The earlier papers are much harder than the 2005/2006 papers.
FWoodhouse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wildfire)

And surely if they make the papers harder (I approve, if this is the case, although I doubt it) then the grade boundaries will be lower accordingly? It wouldn't be fair if you suddenly had to be better at the material to get the same grade as someone from a previous year.

As for the OP's question about C1, it's just basically revision of GCSE maths with the basics of calculus introduced. If you're interested, you might want to read a bit about it (any A-level text will do, I prefer the older ones), but I wouldn't worry unduly.
insparato
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If its going to be harder they'll slip in a nasty question they wont just up the level of every question.

Grab the heinemann's C1 book http://www.heinemann.co.uk/secondary...sbn=0435510975

C1 is relatively simple alot of it is higher GCSE stuff.
joe8232
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aren't Exam papers written about 3 years before they are used anyway?
r3m0t
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No. Why the hell would they do that? They would have to keep it secret for longer, and changes to the syllabus would take even longer. I think they spend about 8 months drafting.
samd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by r3m0t)
No. Why the hell would they do that? They would have to keep it secret for longer, and changes to the syllabus would take even longer. I think they spend about 8 months drafting.
I am pretty sure that they do prepare the papers well in advance. At least a year. So that if one years paper leaks they can use the next one they have ready as a reserve. (It is not unknown for a replacement paper to be used -- although I would admit it is unusual).

8 months drafting? I don't think it takes them that long.
samd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Chris I would rep you but it says that I need to rep more people first
lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thankyou everyone..see my new thread :P xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (956)
79.87%
Leave (241)
20.13%

Watched Threads