What did you Forget to take with you to uni Watch

qwerty_st/n
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gianthead)
I prefer tesco value, perhaps they did too
granted, but if you suffer with hayfever, like me, then you'd know how much it hurts to use that cheap rubbish on your face.
i think it was very inconsiderate of them actually cos they all knew.
Leanne_g
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by qwerty_st/n)
granted, but if you suffer with hayfever, like me, then you'd know how much it hurts to use that cheap rubbish on your face.
i think it was very inconsiderate of them actually cos they all knew.
Surely use a tissue? Why would you use toilet paper? Even andrex would be rough for using on your face.
sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
we had like a rota system for the bog roll, i'd buy it in with my shopping, next time we needed it one of my flatmates would buy it with their shopping, next time after that would be one of my other flatmates, and so on until it was my turn again. so we all had a go at doing it.

i used to get really annoyed though cos when i bought it i'd treat them to Andrex, and when they got it, it'd be Tesco value sandpaper
Whilst that might be annoying, others might prefer the Tesco and it's cheaper, some try to save money wherever possible.
qwerty_st/n
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Leanne_g)
Surely use a tissue? Why would you use toilet paper? Even andrex would be rough for using on your face.
toilet paper = tissue, no?
and 'a' tissue? that's no where near enough, hence why i generally use a whole toilet roll (sometimes in one day!). and andrex is lovely and soft, so no it's not rough on my face and nowhere near as rough as Tesco value. seriously.
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you alone are using a whole toilet roll in one day then I can't say I blame them for buying cheaper stuff.
qwerty_st/n
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sexysax)
Whilst that might be annoying, others might prefer the Tesco and it's cheaper, some try to save money wherever possible.

Tesco's own brand is cheap enough, and it's not that bad. i'm usually a keen advocate when it comes to tesco value products however, i draw the line at Tesco Value toilet roll. how can anyone prefer using something that feels like sandpaper?

(Original post by sexysax)
If you alone are using a whole toilet roll in one day then I can't say I blame them for buying cheaper stuff.
it's hardly my fault though. it's not as if i enjoy it or something.
i never once complained when it was them using whole rolls to themselves.
gianthead
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
toilet paper = tissue, no?
and 'a' tissue? that's no where near enough, hence why i generally use a whole toilet roll (sometimes in one day!). and andrex is lovely and soft, so no it's not rough on my face and nowhere near as rough as Tesco value. seriously.
keep some rolls of Andrex in your room or alternatively boxes of tissues and seperately get tesco brand or value when it's your loo roll buying turn - easy!
qwerty_st/n
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gianthead)
keep some rolls of Andrex in your room or alternatively boxes of tissues and seperately get tesco brand or value when it's your loo roll buying turn - easy!
haha i would never have thought of that!
Leanne_g
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if you have hay fever why dont you just get hay fever tablets?
qwerty_st/n
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Leanne_g)
if you have hay fever why dont you just get hay fever tablets?
i do, all the time. i think i've tried every single one. they don't work.
ladyportacabin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Have you seen your GP about it? If over the counter stuff isn't working you might need a prescription.

And yes, tesco value is awful. Own brand paper is pretty much the same as andrex. Buy own brand and splash out on a box of fancy balsam tissues for your room.
qwerty_st/n
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ladyportacabin)
Have you seen your GP about it? If over the counter stuff isn't working you might need a prescription.

And yes, tesco value is awful. Own brand paper is pretty much the same as andrex. Buy own brand and splash out on a box of fancy balsam tissues for your room.

yeah, i'm waiting on an appointment, i'm gonna ask for the antihistamine injection.

on a slightly related note, i wrote the plan for my essay on a bit of Tesco value loo roll, so i guess it is good for something

and going back to the original topic, i forgot to take my hair dryer as well.
devilgirl999
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
pillows!!! lol remembered everything but pillows so i had to buy some asda cheapo brand pillows lol! was uncomfortable for weeks cos i didnt have enuff money to splash out! dont forget pillows lol asda cheap brand pillows are practically just kitchen roll stuffed in the material :P
dremmel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by squirly)
How does the loo roll situation work in halls? Does everyone buy their own or chip in to buy it together? I was wondering this the other day.
some people in my flat used to leave their rolls in the toilet only to find out some dirty GRRRRR (we all knew who it was...) had used it all

so i always used to just take mine when i went... that way ur only paying for what u use...

btw i forgot my cd player... had all my cds... but nothing to play them on DOH! had to go back for it! lol
jen:)
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
aww leave him alone i know what its like2 have horrid hayfever no tablet works and u cnt stop sneezin and wiping ur nose. i always go thru loo rolls especially at night. i will only be payin for what i use though bein as im in en suite x
matchu
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Use a towel, soft and reusable!

I'd prefer tesco value to andrex, andrex feels like I'm wiping my arse with bedsheets.
NViasko
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sounds good.
qwerty_st/n
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jen:))
aww leave him alone i know what its like2 have horrid hayfever no tablet works and u cnt stop sneezin and wiping ur nose. i always go thru loo rolls especially at night. i will only be payin for what i use though bein as im in en suite x

um..thanks, but i'm a laydeee!
KinkayGema
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wesetters)
Less stuffed than I'd be *thinks of €star ticket prices*
nope- if i forget anything the only way i can get home is plane or 8 hr boat so im stuffed but i dnt think ill forget much- im not that kind of person!
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Earplugs....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (286)
27.24%
No (764)
72.76%

Watched Threads