The Student Room Group

Psychology aqa a (a2 level help)

HI

Basically half of my course isn't being taught and I am really stressed out! The topics I am teaching myself are: Aggression, Gender, Research Methods.

I would like to chat with anyone who is studying this and maybe you can help me. The thing that stresses me most is that there isn't a teacher to mark my essays and give feedback and this subject struggle is dragging down my other subjects.

Thankyou in advance :smile:
Original post by Polkadot2
HI

Basically half of my course isn't being taught and I am really stressed out! The topics I am teaching myself are: Aggression, Gender, Research Methods.

I would like to chat with anyone who is studying this and maybe you can help me. The thing that stresses me most is that there isn't a teacher to mark my essays and give feedback and this subject struggle is dragging down my other subjects.

Thankyou in advance :smile:

Hi, I'm being taught Aggression, Eating and Sleep.
How may I help you? Want me to proof-read any essays? Give you some revision advice?
Reply 2
Thankyou I will let you know but in the meantime if you have any idea how to structure an essay that would be good :smile:
Original post by Polkadot2
Thankyou I will let you know but in the meantime if you have any idea how to structure an essay that would be good :smile:

Depends on whether it's a 4 mark, 8, 8 + 16 or a 24.
There's different ways you write them properly for each.
Like a 4 mark is just AO1, giving only what is asked for (research or a description), 8 would be the same but in more detail and relating to the question (the role of, explain).
8 + 16 is similiar but with 16 marks worth of evaluation (A02) so make sure that you P.E.C. (point, explain/evidence, comment) and include synoptic links and IDA (issues, debates and approaches) and for a 24 it's pretty much the same plan you'd do for an 8 + 16 but they usually ask you to "discuss" something so more of a commentary and a comparison is looked for.
* Always read the question more than once and only answer what is being asked of you by underlining the keywords. You only really have 30 minutes to answer each question for each topic so...

Hope this helps, if not let me know. : )
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Thankyou that does help, I will let you know if I struggle :P

We actually have a teacher now but he isn't qualified which is a joke.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending