The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you are not from the uK and want to work in law in the UK you would need a qualifying English law degree. If you look on the law societies website it should tell you what qualifies or you could contact the individual institutions. I would check when you need to apply by because submission deadlines vary for postgrad courses.
Reply 2
adzegirl
I am an American applying to schools in London for an LLM. Does anyone know what the acceptance rates are? Are the schools difficult to get into (besides LSE, King's College)? Am I applying too late - early April? Finally, will an LLM from a UK school help in securing a position in a firm? Thanks for any and all advice.

As the other poster said, this will not enable you to work in the UK as a Sol/Barrister after a masters in law.

Anyway, on your original question, they're not that difficult to get into with the exception of the LSE LLM (which is no longer inter-collegiate from this year, they've gone alone). I would certainly give it a shot, providing you have pretty reasonable grades from a university that has at least some degree of very minimal respect, you'll get in. Try UCL-which isn't even as difficult to get into as their literature makes it seem, also not sure why you're not considering Kings. I wouldn't really recommend any other Uni. of London College for Law, as those just mentioned are easily the more respected law schools within UoL.

For the LSE you are a little late, go to their site, they have a latest on what's available there, I would imagine there's a reasonable chance that the LLM or a few related courses (Acc/Law) are almost certain to still be around-the later you get though, the less likely you will be of getting the offer.

The other law schools outside of these, they're far too easy to get into to even be worth the admissions fee for the masters. They're just money making schemes, probably better off somewhere outside of London...
Reply 3
yep UCL isnt too hard to get into for postgrad courses. Its worth a shot.

Latest

Trending

Trending