The Student Room Group

who has a higher sex drive on avg : men or women?

Poll

who is more horny?

so i was reading this thread on another forum and most women were saying they want sex much more than their partners. is this true?

as i was reading the thread i started listening to this:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I voted men.

To be fair it's probably around equal, but it's more socially acceptable for we males to express it! (I am NOT starting a feminism debate here, let's not) :smile:
There is very little chance that anyone on this site can give you an accurate answer here.

Personally, I have no idea - no need to thank me.
Reply 3
Men, for sure. We are simply programmed this way - men are designed to want more sex... this is basic biology :/
About the same, just women control it better :P
Neither; people tend to think men are because they're more expressive about it.
Original post by Treeroy
Men, for sure. We are simply programmed this way - men are designed to want more sex... this is basic biology :/

enlighten us
Reply 7
Men until you're older when it'll be women
Reply 8
Woman its just socially acceptable for men to be more out going with their want/need for sex whereas women don't/can't.
Men. It's all the boys at my old school ever used to talk about :sigh:
I would have to say men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by ChildishHambino
enlighten us

http://www.carlsonschool.umn.edu/Assets/71520.pdf is one of many sources one could link.

Men and women have different purposes, and as such have different sex drives. I'm not sure how you aren't aware of this.
I have a very high sex drive, but I can go months without feeling like I absolutely have to have sex, whereas any of the guys I know start obsessing over the fact that they need to have sex. Women can be just as horny as men, but men are biologically programmed to seek out sex and therefore don't deal with dry spells nearly as well. I voted for men for this reason.
Original post by Treeroy
http://www.carlsonschool.umn.edu/Assets/71520.pdf is one of many sources one could link.

Men and women have different purposes, and as such have different sex drives. I'm not sure how you aren't aware of this.

I'm not refuting that women have lower sex drives, various studies show this to be true. However in your answer you mentioned it being basic biology and being programmed that way; you have to take in to account a range of social and cultural factors.
Reply 14
I'm not refuting that women have lower sex drives, various studies show this to be true. However in your answer you mentioned it being basic biology and being programmed that way; you have to take in to account a range of social and cultural factors.

Why would you have to take cultural factors into account when it comes to basic evolution? I'm not talking about how gets more sex, I am talking about biological sex drives. Men have bigger sex drives.
Original post by Treeroy
Why would you have to take cultural factors into account when it comes to basic evolution? I'm not talking about how gets more sex, I am talking about biological sex drives. Men have bigger sex drives.

Yes but it's not just biology that causes this to happen. According to the link that you posted, one of the best ways to measure sex drive is to take in to account the number of sexual fantasies an individual has and this can vary with different backgrounds (Pg 266 last paragraph talks about how religious attitudes changes sex drive). It also goes on to say that one of the strongest predictors were social factors. This tells me you didn't really understand that source at all.
Reply 16

Obviously some environmental factors might a play a role but it is predominantly the repercussion of basic evolutionary biology and psychology that results in men having higher sex drives and there is a substantial amount of credible research which can substantiate this.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
On average men are more up for it, but when you are young and single it is pretty evenly matched
Men I think
Original post by Blazinq
Men until you're older when it'll be women

Yep! Lot's of times women on POF who are 40 years old keep looking at me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending