The Student Room Group

Leicester, Cardiff or Liverpool (Law)?

I have recently received all of my offers to study Law, and now I don't know where to choose. My three favourites are Leicester (AAB), Liverpool (ABB) and Cardiff (AAB).
I am keen on Cardiff and it rates highest on the complete university guide.. but Leicester rates much higher than Cardiff on The Guardian league table and I have heard many people saying that Leicester has a great reputation for Law. My only reservation with Leicester is the place itself. I've never been there (I'm going soon) but I have heard that the night life and city aren't great, which does put me off slightly. Obviously I want to go to the Uni with the best reputation, but I enjoy going out and would hate to be somewhere dull!
Liverpool generally doesn't rate as highly for Law as the other two, however I am worried about meeting the grade requirements of a second A and wondering if this would be a more realistic choice.. Although I have heard that Leicester often take below the grade req.
Reply 1
If it were up to me, I'd pick Cardiff simply because I love the campus and city. Perhaps future wise, choosing Cardiff or Liverpool could be more beneficial as they are both Russell Groups. Liverpool, I heard, hasn't got the best SU but I can't imagine the night life being too bad as it's a huge, vibrant city. You're right about Leicester, the town doesn't compare to Cardiff or Liverpool.

But yes, in my opinion, go for Cardiff. Good degree, great city, beautiful country; I'm sure you'd enjoy it.
Reply 2
Original post by Lialore
If it were up to me, I'd pick Cardiff simply because I love the campus and city. Perhaps future wise, choosing Cardiff or Liverpool could be more beneficial as they are both Russell Groups. Liverpool, I heard, hasn't got the best SU but I can't imagine the night life being too bad as it's a huge, vibrant city. You're right about Leicester, the town doesn't compare to Cardiff or Liverpool.

But yes, in my opinion, go for Cardiff. Good degree, great city, beautiful country; I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Hello! It seems to me that you know a good deal about the states in UK. I'm an international stdnt thinking of law in the kingdom but don't know much about the areas. Can I dm? :smile:
I'm first year Law at Cardiffm come heree
Reply 4
Original post by Miracle Day
I'm first year Law at Cardiffm come heree

How's cardiff? In terms of lecturers, facilities and the surrounding city - is it quiet and dull, are there shops around? I appreciate your reply.
Original post by zahysf
How's cardiff? In terms of lecturers, facilities and the surrounding city - is it quiet and dull, are there shops around? I appreciate your reply.

>Quiet and dull
Haha are you kidding me? We have streets of clubs of all kinds, the night life is amazing.

>Are there shops
We have 2 shopping centers and a street of shops all on and around Queen street. Every shop you can think of is all in one place,

>Lectures
I can only speak for Law, but I love my lecturers. I don't know what else to say about that..

>Facilities
Great library, gym, awesome buildings and the SU has great student services.
Reply 6
Original post by Lialore

Not necessarily if OP wanted to be a solicitor outside Liverpool or Wales: http://d1d1tdqerevjwu.cloudfront.net/resources/2013/What_is_a_good_university.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest