Violin Duets

Watch
musicman1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Could anybody recommend any violin duets? of a relatively high standard, (grade 8ish), and preferably not barogue simple crap, something exciting! anybody know if Debussy ever wrote a violin duet? Thanks guys! x
Lord Harold
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by musicman1)
Could anybody recommend any violin duets? of a relatively high standard, (grade 8ish), and preferably not barogue simple crap, something exciting! anybody know if Debussy ever wrote a violin duet? Thanks guys! x
How dare you insult baroque music! How about Bach's Double Violin Concerto, it is baroque but by no means simple or crap! If you really want a challenge Bartok wrote 44 violin duos, you can pick and choose! Paganini wrote an awesomely difficult and fiendish Duo for one violin, if that counts!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBuBfLsf4xI
musicman1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
ooo cool! Thanks! The Bach double is so over played and really isn't that much of a challenge! but Bartok and Paganini should be good! Thanks for the suggestions! Do you know of any specific ones out of Bartoks 44?? x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (113)
13.88%
I'm not sure (36)
4.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (247)
30.34%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (398)
48.89%

Watched Threads