What to make for my first GCSE general art final piece?

Watch
Lauren1525
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The theme is underwater and the final piece needs to be completed by February? Any ideas would be helpful?
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not artistic at all but I have ideas!

- is going to realistic or fantasy? E.g. mermaids or a sunken boat
- maybe take a picture first and use that as inspiration
- colour: what mood do you want to portray? Red/pink for love or deep green/blue for envy or cold
- senses?
Hope this helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile
staticas
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you going for fantasy or realistic?

For a realistic idea, You should make it speak to the examiners, like than a sunken boat, maybe the inside of it, emphasising the decay, erosion, water damage and showing the corpses maybe - but rather than just doing boring skeletons - make them kind of speak.. Show their outfits and make it obvious what class they came from and show the lower class people in poorer clothes trapped under things where they died, to show that they didn't have the opportunity to make it up to the top of the boat. And maybe show two corpses of different class holding each other. You may have realised I had a kind of Titanic vision there.

For an imaginative idea you should express your creativity, maybe mermaids but make it kind of scary.. Like make them seem kind of modern, with all the problems humans have such as disease, poverty and crime, like show them fighting, wasting away, etc. Or maybe make them completely faceless.

Just a few ideas I don't know if they'll be helpful but they could spark something of your own in your mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
robinette
Report 7 years ago
Try the following website for GCSE and A Level www.studentartguide.com. it has all you need to know!
kate3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ooh I did that too for GCSE. I made a felt landscape of the sea, with a focus on the light filtering down. I got an A* on that piece, and it was the only piece I enjoyed. Other people made shells and marine inspired things out of clay, and my friend focused on waves.
melody19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm well it depends, if it's your final piece I'm assuming you've done work leading up to it in this topic so what have you done previously?
Your final piece should be a refinement of a technique you've already experimented with and should relate to the artists you've research and work you've done already.

(Not saying it can't be a new thing, just not too new an idea )
Rathy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It depends what you have so far in your book and what you have done leading up to the topic. Like Melody said it is a refinement of your skills, techniques and artists you have researched. But don't think it's just a combination of these things, it must have a sprinkle of you as an artist too.

Express your creativity and what you have learnt, because if you have a gallery show afterwards like I did when I did GCSE, you're going to want yours to stand out. Have the eye-catching creative flair but also a great show of technique.
One of my friends did an underwater piece for his GCSE with a scuba diver and a jellyfish, yet the frame was 3D and had the jellyfish in the foreground 3D.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (357)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (279)
43.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed