The Student Room Group

Gcse geography ocr b urgent help

Hi, there i am just wondering that geo ocr b theres 2 papers and one is sustainable decision making and the exam board normally gives the resource booklet out like 3 weeks before the exam and i was wondering does anyone know if they still let us see it before the exam
Yes, you'll be given the resource booklet as a class approximately 3-4 weeks before the exam and you'll most likely spend the lessons in the build up to the exam working through the pre-release, picking out the parts relevant to other units you've done, learning the new keywords. Some teachers will give their classes practice questions based on the resource booklet so that you can do a mock of the decision making exam - our teacher managed to get some of the predictions spot on!

You can annotate as much as you like on the copy given to you in class, but you cannot take this into the exam. In the exam, you'll be given a fresh new copy to use.

Don't worry though - they never go completely off topic. Follow the resource booklet and ensure that you've done a lot of revision and you'll be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by moggington
Yes, you'll be given the resource booklet as a class approximately 3-4 weeks before the exam and you'll most likely spend the lessons in the build up to the exam working through the pre-release, picking out the parts relevant to other units you've done, learning the new keywords. Some teachers will give their classes practice questions based on the resource booklet so that you can do a mock of the decision making exam - our teacher managed to get some of the predictions spot on!

You can annotate as much as you like on the copy given to you in class, but you cannot take this into the exam. In the exam, you'll be given a fresh new copy to use.

Don't worry though - they never go completely off topic. Follow the resource booklet and ensure that you've done a lot of revision and you'll be fine.

cheers mate
Reply 3
Yeah they do its used to help give you an idea of what questions might come up and for you to understand all of it's content to help get you the best grade by you knowing all about each source

Posted from TSR Mobile
From what I've heard, they don't give it early anymore, that's why the exam is now 1hr 30min instead of 1hr...
I agree with ElGenioEstupido, unfortunately they don't give it early anymore :frown:
Reply 6
(edited 8 years ago)
Not really. If you think about we probably have a better chance of getting a better grade because the mark scheme may go down if everyone doesn't do well...
Reply 8
(edited 8 years ago)
Unfortunately, we can't change anything :frown:. I still think it's a good idea not to show it early tbh.
Original post by moggington

.......wait, what?
i never knew that we'd be given the resource booklet 3-4 weeks before? I'm on study leave, so how can you get hold of it?
:smile:
Original post by anonymous._.123
.......wait, what?
i never knew that we'd be given the resource booklet 3-4 weeks before? I'm on study leave, so how can you get hold of it?
:smile:

This thread was made in 2013, they don't give out the resource booklet anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest