Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This is going to sound super trivial but basically a friend invited me to their party because someone else wanted me there but I could tell that the host didn't have any intention whatsoever to invite me... But then a guy who I'm even better friends with invited me to his party on the same night and I know a lot of the people there. If I don't go to the first party, they'll think I'm a social climber but if I don't go to the second, the other people will think I'm blowing them off and that I'm not a good friend. Whose party should I go to? I don't want to offend anyone but clearly it is inevitable in this situation..? Any help would be lovely !
GeogBerry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you know people at the second party, go there. Obviously you'll have a better time and because there are less people you know at the first, who cares what they think
Dopamine Dreams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Obviously the second party.
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spend some time at both? What sort of times are the parties running?
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Second obvs, you know em well
Solemn Rain
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you even have to ask?
persononinternet
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is going to sound super trivial but basically a friend invited me to their party because someone else wanted me there but I could tell that the host didn't have any intention whatsoever to invite me... But then a guy who I'm even better friends with invited me to his party on the same night and I know a lot of the people there. If I don't go to the first party, they'll think I'm a social climber but if I don't go to the second, the other people will think I'm blowing them off and that I'm not a good friend. Whose party should I go to? I don't want to offend anyone but clearly it is inevitable in this situation..? Any help would be lovely !
go whichever you were invited to first. tell the second party why you can't be there and they'll understand
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ice_Queen)
Spend some time at both? What sort of times are the parties running?
Both start at the same time...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GeogBerry)
If you know people at the second party, go there. Obviously you'll have a better time and because there are less people you know at the first, who cares what they think
Thank you! I think I will take your advice!
Anonymous #1
Thanks everyone!
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Both start at the same time...
What time do they finish? For example if one is an all-night house party and one isn't, you could easily do both.
MissDavies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Go to the party that your friends are going to. To be fair the first guy might not even particularly want you there since he was told to invite you by someone else so I doubt he'd be very upset if you don't go. The friend that actually did invite you obviously does want you there because you're good friends and would be upset if you don't go.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ice_Queen)
What time do they finish? For example if one is an all-night house party and one isn't, you could easily do both.
They both finish around 1. I am going to the second one purely because I'll feel more comfortable there, but thank you for your advice!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MissDavies)
Go to the party that your friends are going to. To be fair the first guy might not even particularly want you there since he was told to invite you by someone else so I doubt he'd be very upset if you don't go. The friend that actually did invite you obviously does want you there because you're good friends and would be upset if you don't go.
I agree! He even implied on the Facebook event that he didn't want me there so I think it's best I don't go. Thank you so much
europeanbob
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Be a badass and go to both
AKWxxx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
this is just me but if person A invites me to something then person B does too,and i can't do both/bring them together, i ALWAYS go with person A even if person B was my best friend, because i already made these plans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads