USA Security Council Rep Election - Dec 2013 - Results

Watch
Poll: Whom do you want to elect to the Security Council as USA representative?
Cheese_Monster (10)
90.91%
Rakas21 (1)
9.09%
RON (Re-open nominations) (0)
0%
RoryS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Dear all,

As our previous USA Security Council representative has stepped down, we need to elect a new representative.

Here are your candidates' manifestos:

Cheese_MonsterHello all, I'm C_M, some of you might know me, I love the Model United Nations (MUN), I've been a member for 13 months and now i'm prepared to be Kiss' successor and your new United States representative.

As an indication of what I've contributed to this sub-forum, I engineered the idea of 'Country Descriptions' as a quirky way of getting new members interested in relatively obscure nations; I collaborated in creating huge levels of activity when merging Belarus with the Russian Federation in one of the first resolutions of the year; I've always supported activity and democracy in the MUN, calling for the biggest roll call and cull of inactive members in the history of the sub forum; I created an interactive MUN map (which I will restore) and helped to resurrect the MUN Twitter account to stretch beyond this site in advertising; In light of my contributions I was awarded best newcomer and contributor of the year to the MUN. In my time in the MUN, I've shown consistent dedication to individual nations, and being former representative to India, I have already shown that I can function within the Security Council (SC).

The United States of America is a controversial nation, but nevertheless, it is perhaps one of the most important nations in the world and in my view, is an unrivaled hegemon (for better or worse). As a result, we need a representative who checks the MUN daily, who is willing to lead the SC back to activity, who will not shy away from thinking outside the box, someone who did not turn their back on the MUN when it hit a slump, and someone who never will. I promise to do all of these things as US representative, I thoroughly believe in the MUN, and I believe that restoring the strength of the SC will again usher in an active and prosperous sub-forum for all existing members.

I hope that I have the confidence of fellow members and I look forward to competing in this election, no matter the outcome, peace all.

Rakas21

Greetings fellow members of the MUN.

I am Rakas and i seek to represent the United States of America.

I have a wealth of experience in the MUN having served as Argentina for around 6 months and afterward Tanzania, Sweden and Austria. Additionally i have a good working relationship with many in the MUN who like me are also members of the Mhoc. My record there should in particular settle any fears of inactivity or lack of competence.

I wish to represent the United States of America because it is the predominant military and economic power of this world. It’s culture is exported via media ect.. through the world and plays a role in most if not all important events.

If elected as MUN rep i will accomplish the following..

> Focus the debate around increased global trade
> Focus the debate around what the security council should do in response to events like Syria
> Strengthen the position of both the USA and her allies

Vote for a powerful and interesting United States of America.

Vote RAKAS..

This election will be run in accordance to section two of the MUN Guidance Document.

Election Schedule
Saturday 30th November 2013 - Announcement of election and manifestos of no more than 300 words requested by Secretary General

Saturday 7th December 2013 - Manifestos posted and a 2 day Q&A period will begin

Monday 9th December 2013 - Voting opened. Q&A can continue during this time.

Saturday 14th December 2013 - Result is announced. If there is a tie between the top two candidates, a run off vote of five days shall occur.

As ever, any questions please post here or send me a PM.

Kind regards,

RoryS
Secretary General
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good luck to those who go for this
Henry_Tudor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Will95206)
X
Will?
Will95206
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Henry_Tudor)
Will?
Hum tempting...
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm going for it.

A week to get manifestos is ridiculously long.
Superunknown17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can see a few people running for this. Excellent news.
Kiss
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good luck to my successor.
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for your huge dedication to this role Kiss, your successor has big shoes to fill.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is taking way too long
Kiss
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
This is taking way too long
Indeed. Needs to be sped along, but whoever takes up the position should know it's not easy.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kiss)
Indeed. Needs to be sped along, but whoever takes up the position should know it's not easy.
I wouldn't imagine it would be. I echo Birchs comments, you're a big name to follow.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Judging from the lack of comments in this thread i'll wager a 45% chance that i'm an only candidate.
Superunknown17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Judging from the lack of comments in this thread i'll wager a 45% chance that i'm an only candidate.
Maybe some people like to keep cards close to their chest?

I don't know who's running by the way, Rory's the only one who gets the manifestos.
Kiss
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Superunknown17)
Maybe some people like to keep cards close to their chest?

I don't know who's running by the way, Rory's the only one who gets the manifestos.
I could be a massive **** and just run again
Superunknown17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kiss)
I could be a massive **** and just run again
For the ****s and giggles.
RoryS
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Here are your candidates' manifestos:

Cheese_MonsterHello all, I'm C_M, some of you might know me, I love the Model United Nations (MUN), I've been a member for 13 months and now i'm prepared to be Kiss' successor and your new United States representative.

As an indication of what I've contributed to this sub-forum, I engineered the idea of 'Country Descriptions' as a quirky way of getting new members interested in relatively obscure nations; I collaborated in creating huge levels of activity when merging Belarus with the Russian Federation in one of the first resolutions of the year; I've always supported activity and democracy in the MUN, calling for the biggest roll call and cull of inactive members in the history of the sub forum; I created an interactive MUN map (which I will restore) and helped to resurrect the MUN Twitter account to stretch beyond this site in advertising; In light of my contributions I was awarded best newcomer and contributor of the year to the MUN. In my time in the MUN, I've shown consistent dedication to individual nations, and being former representative to India, I have already shown that I can function within the Security Council (SC).

The United States of America is a controversial nation, but nevertheless, it is perhaps one of the most important nations in the world and in my view, is an unrivaled hegemon (for better or worse). As a result, we need a representative who checks the MUN daily, who is willing to lead the SC back to activity, who will not shy away from thinking outside the box, someone who did not turn their back on the MUN when it hit a slump, and someone who never will. I promise to do all of these things as US representative, I thoroughly believe in the MUN, and I believe that restoring the strength of the SC will again usher in an active and prosperous sub-forum for all existing members.

I hope that I have the confidence of fellow members and I look forward to competing in this election, no matter the outcome, peace all.

Rakas21

Greetings fellow members of the MUN.

I am Rakas and i seek to represent the United States of America.

I have a wealth of experience in the MUN having served as Argentina for around 6 months and afterward Tanzania, Sweden and Austria. Additionally i have a good working relationship with many in the MUN who like me are also members of the Mhoc. My record there should in particular settle any fears of inactivity or lack of competence.

I wish to represent the United States of America because it is the predominant military and economic power of this world. It’s culture is exported via media ect.. through the world and plays a role in most if not all important events.

If elected as MUN rep i will accomplish the following..

> Focus the debate around increased global trade
> Focus the debate around what the security council should do in response to events like Syria
> Strengthen the position of both the USA and her allies

Vote for a powerful and interesting United States of America.

Vote RAKAS..

A two day Q&A period will now take place.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What a tough choice for me. I know Rakas and how active he was as leader of the Tory party and there's C_M who is an active member of this forum...
Cheese_Monster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What a tough choice for me. I know Rakas and how active he was as leader of the Tory party and there's C_M who is an active member of this forum...
Perhaps ask some questions and find out which answers you prefer more
Henry_Tudor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
X
*C_M is the current leader of the Green party
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Henry_Tudor)
*C_M is the current leader of the Green party
Yes, thanks Mr. Tudor, I am aware of that I've never been a member of the Green have I though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.92%
I'm not sure (30)
4.8%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.52%

Watched Threads