The Student Room Group

USA Security Council Rep Election - Dec 2013 - Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
If somebody else wishes to represent Mexico then i'll hand over but I've never had an issue representing multiple countries before.

I feel that if you kept reping Mexico when you (if you) win USA that would mean you have too much power in North America. If you were elected as USA would you change fro, Mexico to a different country?
Reply 41
Original post by Henry_Tudor
I feel that if you kept reping Mexico when you (if you) win USA that would mean you have too much power in North America. If you were elected as USA would you change fro, Mexico to a different country?

Again, i'll hand over when somebody else wishes to represent Mexico but considering past reps have had the USA and Brazil i don't feel the USA and Mexico is really as bad. Additionally Mexico is going to develop into a very powerful economy in the future and perhaps wield some political influence in the region when one considers that after the BRIC's and Indonesia, Mexico is probably the next most important economy (and i still maintain Russia's not all its made out to be). It should have representation and i will do so until somebody else wishes to actively do so.
Original post by Cheese_Monster
X

Original post by Rakas21
X

I am still unsure who to vote for, so my question is why do you think you have the edge over your opponent?
I am still unsure who to vote for, so my question is why do you think you have the edge over your opponent?

I for one wouldn't vote based on the MHoC, this isn't the same forum. With that in mind my opponent hasn't been involved in this forum for most of the year, whereas, I've always been here and having already represented a Security Council nation, I can assure you the position would be in safe hands with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44

When it comes to American policy on the economy, on defense and foreign policy i am already a natural fit.

I can also assure you there will be no Mhoc bias from me, my interests there are primarily in the treasury, not the foreign office.
(edited 10 years ago)
I for one wouldn't vote based on the MHoC, this isn't the same forum. With that in mind my opponent hasn't been involved in this forum for most of the year, whereas, I've always been here and having already represented a Security Council nation, I can assure you the position would be in safe hands with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

CM what nation did you rep on the SC previously?
How long have you been in the MUN for?

Original post by Rakas21
When it comes to American policy on the economy, on defense and foreign policy i am already a natural fit.

I can also assure you there will be no Mhoc bias from me, my interests there are primarily in the treasury, not the foreign office.

Why are you already a natural fit when it comes to American relations and economics?
You mentioned the MHoC, would you continue your activity if you were elected?
Reply 46

Why are you already a natural fit when it comes to American relations and economics?
You mentioned the MHoC, would you continue your activity if you were elected?

I'm a capitalist which reflects their views on resource exploitation and trade, i'm also much more interventionist in foreign policy which is somewhat in line with the USA given its actions regarding Libya and Syria.

Of course. I actively represented Argentina for several months before i became PM without issue, i see no reason why i could not handle the same level of activity today.
Original post by Rakas21
I'm a capitalist which reflects their views on resource exploitation and trade, i'm also much more interventionist in foreign policy which is somewhat in line with the USA given its actions regarding Libya and Syria.

Of course. I actively represented Argentina for several months before i became PM without issue, i see no reason why i could not handle the same level of activity today.

Thank you for your answer Rakas

I represented India from January until September, I resigned to allow newer members to step up but it seems my replacement has gone AWOL. I joined the MUN last September so a pretty long time :tongue:
Thank you both of you, hopefully this will help me make a more informed decision.
Results soon! :smile:
Original post by RoryS
X

Can you reveal the result?

Thanks

H_T
Reply 52
Well this is an anti-climax...
Reply 53
Where are the results?
Oh c'mon SG you even wrote an update on the poll needing to be unlocked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought this should have been open by now. I'd open it but I don't have CA Powers still.

TheCrackInTime
QFA

Any chance you could open this please? :smile:
Reply 56
Can you reveal the result?

Thanks

H_T

Oh c'mon SG you even wrote an update on the poll needing to be unlocked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Superunknown17
I thought this should have been open by now. I'd open it but I don't have CA Powers still.

Sorry!

My internet went down for a short while last night and this is the first chance I've had to get on my laptop since then.

Congratulations to Cheese_Monster!

Please could you apply to the Security Council usergroup?
Original post by RoryS
Sorry!

My internet went down for a short while last night and this is the first chance I've had to get on my laptop since then.

Congratulations to Cheese_Monster!

Please could you apply to the Security Council usergroup?

Of course, thank you, and thanks to everyone who voted for me :smile:
Well done C_M
Rakas I think India SC election will be soon!
Reply 59
Congratulations Cheese Monster!

Unlucky Rakas, it was a tough decision to choose who I would vote for but in the end I went for C_M. Good luck if you have a go at another election though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending