?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
What do you think? Yes or no?
lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no - i think its ridiculous when people lable a brand of clothing chavish. Its chavish if your wearing it for the sole purpose of showing off your label, when you clearly can't afford it. Then that would make you a chav. But if you wear it because you genuinally like the brand/trainer, than wear it. I personally love K Swiss and Im far from a chav.
caramel_qt3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Personally, I wouldn't really care if anything was "chavish" or not. (I don't even like the use of that word...think it's an excuse for people to be snobbish) I wear what I like...K-Swiss do some nice things, but not usually my style.
samsam123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lil_one)
. I personally love K Swiss and Im far from a chav.
me too. some of the k swiss trainers look a bit chavvy, like the check ones. i dont like them but i love my yellow k-swisses, they're my babies!
PhilMc
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I love K-swiss, I'm not a chav.
aced
Report 14 years ago
The fact that it started out as a tennis brand pretty much answers your question.
Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by aced)
The fact that it started out as a tennis brand pretty much answers your question.
:rofl: chavish, no, i think more skatter style.
Sheen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i would say they were skater style.
now vans and DC's and stuff is skater styled stuff but k-swiss isnt
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But burberry is now seen as a chav brand and that was a well respected brand before.

Its not the clothes that make the perception of the brand, its the people that wear them. Things like a pair of adidas sportswear stuff is fine if your playing sports but walk down the highstreet in some adidas joggers and a zip up top thing and youll look like a chav.
Zinck
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Well, to be more specific, would you call these Trainers chavish http://www.kswiss.com/cgi-bin/kswiss...pid=01218:107#
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zinck)
Well, to be more specific, would you call these Trainers chavish http://www.kswiss.com/cgi-bin/kswiss...pid=01218:107#
I don't live in England so i don't know about this thing people call 'chavs' :p: But the sneakers are ok... Not my style particularly but they look alright...
aced
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zinck)
IMO wearing a certain pair of shoes doesn't govern whether or not you're a "chav". Wear those shoes with a pair of jeans and a shirt, and you certainly wouldn't be called a "chav". Wear them with an Adidas tracksuit up town, and you might be called a "chav".

IMO, people aren't "chavs" because of what they wear; they're "chavs" because of their attitude. There are loads of really nice guys who wear "chav" clothing, and loads of arses who wear what would be considered as respectable clothing.
daisyflower112
Report 14 years ago
i agree. it how you wear it. K Swiss do loads and loads of styles to cater for everybodys needs, some may appeal to "chavs", some may not.
icklehc
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no. k-swiss are a brand of trainers created for whoever likes the style to wear them. if you are a chav and you wear k swiss then yes i guess they are chavish but only coz of whos wearing them. as trainers themselves they cant be chavish coz they are simply trainers!
TommehR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I played tennis for years and always used to wear K-Swiss (http://www.kswiss.com/cgi-bin/kswiss...&pid=0990:152). I was most confused when I began to hear of rappers and the like wearing them. I never knew they made casual trainers as well. Hehe.
Stick Man
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The K-Swiss logo on there is tiny and most people won't even notice it; chav or not.
graveyarddreams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There's a lot of chavs around my area, and most of them own K swiss trainers. But i wouldn't care, in fact, i bought one two years ago (because it was the first thing i saw and was cheap) and has being wearing it every day since and i'm as far from a chav as it gets.
RieLouise
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by caramel_qt3)
Personally, I wouldn't really care if anything was "chavish" or not. (I don't even like the use of that word...think it's an excuse for people to be snobbish) I wear what I like...K-Swiss do some nice things, but not usually my style.
Quoted for emphasis.
Mellie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by caramel_qt3)
Personally, I wouldn't really care if anything was "chavish" or not. (I don't even like the use of that word...think it's an excuse for people to be snobbish) I wear what I like....
Go you!
There is no such thing as a "chavvy" label. Charve is a state of mind, not a type of dressware. A label may become synonamous with the charvers but it depends on how YOU wear it.
Jen2327
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes and no,
but there not really the trainers 2 have these days! there were couple of years ago! --everyone had em! lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (132)
14.78%
I'm not sure (40)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (268)
30.01%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (431)
48.26%

Watched Threads