AS Level Biology Practical Exam Watch

This discussion is closed.
Marshmallow2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all, we've been given the date of our AS Level Biology practical exam and I'm curious to know if there are many Sixth Form Biology students on here that could tell me what it's like, if I should be nervous about it etc.

I am a bit anxious about it as I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to practicals; although I still get on with it, it takes me a while to get to grips with the instructions.

Any feedback regarding previous experiences or useful tips and advice would be great! Thank you
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
pasanfernando97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Marshmallow2)
Hi all, we've been given the date of our AS Level Biology practical exam and I'm curious to know if there are many Sixth Form Biology students on here that could tell me what it's like, if I should be nervous about it etc.

I am a bit anxious about it as I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to practicals; although I still get on with it, it takes me a while to get to grips with the instructions.

Any feedback regarding previous experiences or useful tips and advice would be great! Thank you
Hi, I have my practical soon and I was wondering what kind of questions are on the quantitative, qualitative and evaluative? Any help you could give would be HUGELY appreciated. Cheers Have you done it yet?
Marshmallow2
Rep:
?
(Original post by pasanfernando97)
Hi, I have my practical soon and I was wondering what kind of questions are on the quantitative, qualitative and evaluative? Any help you could give would be HUGELY appreciated. Cheers Have you done it yet?
Hiya, no I've got it in January I have no idea what it's going to be like
khiz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any help on the qualitative because we did one and i got a 7 considering that for an A you need 36/40
TheNoobishKnight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by khiz)
Any help on the qualitative because we did one and i got a 7 considering that for an A you need 36/40
I got 6 out of 20 lool
khiz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by toxiictests)
I got 6 out of 20 lool
Not bad considering our class got an average of 4 lool, but isnt qualitative out of 10?
Marshmallow2
Rep:
?
(Original post by khiz)
Hi, I got 5 out of 10 on that one and 7/20 on the evaluative so I'll need to do those again :/
Marshmallow2
Rep:
?
I got 6 out of 20 lool
I only got 7 out of 20 oops!
TheNoobishKnight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Marshmallow2)
I only got 7 out of 20 oops!
Hehe I blame the stupid coursework.

(Original post by khiz)
Not bad considering our class got an average of 4 lool, but isnt qualitative out of 10?
I got 8/10, 6/20 and doing the qualitative on friday :P
khiz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ive got one on Friday and one for Chemistry tomorrow any tips appreciated guys!
Ultrahmed2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is this for OCR BIOLOGY AS?
if it is what was the title of the qualitative ,quantitative and evaluative ?
Ultrahmed2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is this BIOLOGY OCR practicals if it is what was the title for the qualitive and quantitive?
khiz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ultrahmed2)
Is this BIOLOGY OCR practicals if it is what was the title for the qualitive and quantitive?
Yes, i have done one qualitative where we looked at a vascular cambium and one which I have tomorrow is looking at the inhibition of the enzyme catchehol oxidase
Ultrahmed2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you your a boss!! so the second one is the quantitive your going to do tommrow and whats the official title?
Ultrahmed2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hehe I blame the stupid coursework.

I got 8/10, 6/20 and doing the qualitative on friday :P
what was the evaluation,qualitative and quantitative title for the ISA OCR AS?
paradoxicalme
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing OCR, not sure what I've gotten :/ I've done my quali and quant and am doing my eval on Monday. I'm crap at experiments and my school's one of the only ones I know that doesn't cheat! Looks like I'm going to have to kill this exam...
Ultrahmed2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by paradoxicalme)
I'm doing OCR, not sure what I've gotten :/ I've done my quali and quant and am doing my eval on Monday. I'm crap at experiments and my school's one of the only ones I know that doesn't cheat! Looks like I'm going to have to kill this exam...
WHAT are the titles for each isa's?
1234davey1234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
aqa?
dhwani354
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by khiz)
Yes, i have done one qualitative where we looked at a vascular cambium and one which I have tomorrow is looking at the inhibition of the enzyme catchehol oxidase
Hey I am doing the enzyme one on Friday, can you please tell me what questions come up? i failed my last one and this would be a life saver!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (337)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (466)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (180)
8.35%

Watched Threads