The Student Room Group

He ended the date on a handshake?is this good or bad?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
At least it wasn't as bad as what I did once. It wasn't really an actual date but anyway I said bye and just walked away...
Reply 21
Original post by VK96
At least it wasn't as bad as what I did once. It wasn't really an actual date but anyway I said bye and just walked away...

Did you like the person at all?
Reply 22
Who the hell does that? :lolwut:
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
Will it seem clingy or over eager if I do? I'd just rather know whats happening tbh. Maybe I'll text later.

I know you're keen to get an answer and it seems that you like the guy. Give it till Monday at least, then enquire whether his friend is OK and mention that you enjoyed your meet up and that you'd like to meet again.

Don't mention ice scating as it can make some people nervous.
LMFAO he shook your hand on a date?
Reply 25
Did you like the person at all?

Yeah I did, I was just being awkward I guess.
Reply 26
I mean like as he was saying goodbye I was thinking I was just going to turn away and say bye but he reached out for a handshake and said "It was really nice to meet you keep in touch / I'll keep in touch" . I'm just like what the hell....what kind of ending is that...
Reply 27
Original post by Post-grad
I know you're keen to get an answer and it seems that you like the guy. Give it till Monday at least, then enquire whether his friend is OK and mention that you enjoyed your meet up and that you'd like to meet again.

Don't mention ice scating as it can make some people nervous.

Ok I'll take your word for it . Will I just say this?
"I had a nice time, we should do it again (or we should meet up again) I hope your friend was okay"

Is that better? or any better way to say it.
Reply 28
"I had a nice time on Saturday, we should meet up again - I hope your friend was okay?"

Short and to the point.
Reply 29
"I had a nice time on Saturday, we should meet up again - I hope your friend was okay?"

Short and to the point.

It won't be clingy or anything? is it a good thing that I'm giving it some spave?
Reply 30
Ok I'll take your word for it . Will I just say this?
"I had a nice time, we should do it again (or we should meet up again) I hope your friend was okay"

Is that better? or any better way to say it.

Are you, perchance, slightly autistic?
I mean like as he was saying goodbye I was thinking I was just going to turn away and say bye but he reached out for a handshake and said "It was really nice to meet you keep in touch / I'll keep in touch" . I'm just like what the hell....what kind of ending is that...

He could as the others said, have been really nervous. I don't think I've ever initiated a hug... ever
Reply 32
It won't be clingy or anything? is it a good thing that I'm giving it some spave?

It'll be clingy if you message today or tomorrow. Give him some space - if he's really into you, he might contact you first.
Reply 33
I know I have trouble showing interest sometimes and I can be nervous , so I'll just be really polite and friendly an not give too much away not being sure how to act. In a way I wouldn't be suprised if he thinks I wasn't interested . I was a little guarded. All I said at the end was "yeah it was nice" and we said goodbye.
Like he did talk to me a lot we asked a lot about each other and what we were gonna do for Christmas or New Years and he asked about my exams.

The end of dates are always weird I've had kisses and still not leading to a 2nd date only one did which he became my boyfriend. I've had hugs, a kiss on the cheek. I don't know if he was nervous or because he was older he wasn't sure or he just really didn't like me.
Reply 34
Seems to me like you were a bit too formal so he reciprocated. You should have gone for the hug...
Would this sound okay
" I had a nice time, we should do it again maybe try out ice skating next time if you're not too nervous?" Or just leave it as" I had a nice time, we should do it again maybe try out ice skating next time" Maybe add in (hope your friend was okay).

But is a handshake a bad sign? it just seems weird...he could've just said bye.

Text him then, contact him or never know. Maybe he is a gentlemen/shy. I've done this before too.
Reply 36
What kind of handshake was it?

Was is a modern kind with both hands in a more or less vertical plane? If so - give up. He's either not interested or a completely clueless individual.

If it was different kind of handshake, you might be ok - if his palm was lower and your hand more horizontal with the fingers bending downward, thats a more man/woman handshake and almost a bit Jane Austen.
Reply 37
Original post by Clip
What kind of handshake was it?

Was is a modern kind with both hands in a more or less vertical plane? If so - give up. He's either not interested or a completely clueless individual.

If it was different kind of handshake, you might be ok - if his palm was lower and your hand more horizontal with the fingers bending downward, thats a more man/woman handshake and almost a bit Jane Austen.

I'm not too sure to be honest I wasn't really expected the handshake. I think my hands were on top of his. I just done it quickly I don't know if I even put effort into it as it was quick and I wasn't expecting a handshake. I wasn't really sure but the handshake kinda through me off a little.
Reply 38
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Text him then, contact him or never know. Maybe he is a gentlemen/shy. I've done this before too.

When you did that? was it because you were shy? did you like the person?
Reply 39
Seems to me like you were a bit too formal so he reciprocated. You should have gone for the hug...

I mean I'm not really a touchy feely person maybe that shows.
Do you think he was interested? but not sure what to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending