How difficult is Edexcel Graphics? Watch

amenahmw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, first post at TSR!

I took Graphics GCSE because I thought it would involve more design than actual manufacturing processes:rolleyes:. Looking through the textbook, there seems to be SO much I need to learn to do with things such as printing processes, manufacturing, methods of sale etc, and I honestly don't know how I'm going to learn all of that for the exam, especially as I really don't care about the differences between lithography and flexography printing for example. The exam looks so difficult too. I am in Year 10, so it might just look daunting, but what do you guys think of it? I took a Short Course IT GCSE in Year 9: I got an A* for the coursework and an A for the exam, where I had to memorize the entire textbook as we weren't taught anything, and I thought that was bad enough. Graphics seems to have so much more that needs to be remembered.

Thanks!

PS. I'm fine with the coursework side of things, it's just the exam I'm stressed about.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I took AQA GCSE Graphics. Yes, there definitely is a lot to learn in terms of printing techniques, paper folding techniques etc, so it's definitely not just pure design. The amount of content originally seemed totally overwhelming when I looked at the revision guide, especially since we didn't actually learn any of it in class as a result of poor time planning by the teacher. However, I actually found that it's really not that hard. A lot of it really is just common sense and you're not expected to know processes in a significant amount of detail. I certainly found graphics infinitely easier compared to other subjects like History in terms of the content you have to learn. I got full marks in the exam and I honestly did not need to revise an awful lot. BBC Bitesize is very helpful as well a technologystudent.
Sapphirez50
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I took AQA GCSE Graphics. Got an A* in the end. Got an A in the exam and full marks in the coursework. The AQA Graphics textbook had pretty much everything in it, it was just the examiners job to pick which parts they wanted to turn up in the paper. I really enjoyed the subject. I would not worry so much about the exam, I took the exam in Year 10 and I was glad to get it done and out the way. Content seemed fine to me because our teacher helped us go through the textbook; ticking of the stuff which is most likely to come up and the stuff which has a very low chance of coming up - but is still likely. Don't let the amount of content get to you. Concise and clear notes and asking teachers to explain everything three times over will let you tackle it fine.
amenahmw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How did you guys revise for this subject? For the IT exam, I just read through the textbook and took notes: incredibly inefficient and I would definitely not be able to do the same for Graphics. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?