Ccf 1k
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
when you spend time doing just one thing for an extended amount of time i.e. is it like when someone decides to restrict their diet so you're shutting a small part of your brain and so you ignore that desire to stop.

For example if I decided I would do nothing but play my 3DS XL for over 8 hours in one sitting every day for 3 days.

Or if I did that for maths homework or just work on my course - programming.

Would someone be able to explain to me how that works? What happens to the body?
DoctorInTraining
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ccf 1k)
when you spend time doing just one thing for an extended amount of time i.e. is it like when someone decides to restrict their diet so you're shutting a small part of your brain and so you ignore that desire to stop.

For example if I decided I would do nothing but play my 3DS XL for over 8 hours in one sitting every day for 3 days.

Or if I did that for maths homework or just work on my course - programming.

Would someone be able to explain to me how that works? What happens to the body?
If you could write this in clearly prose then maybe I can help.

At the moment I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Ccf 1k
Rep:
?
(Original post by DoctorInTraining)
If you could write this in clearly prose then maybe I can help.

At the moment I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Ok. What happens physiologically to the body when you do one thing for an extended period of time e.g cross country running?
DoctorInTraining
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your both becomes more efficient at the task.

For example if you run every day - your body becomes better at burning fat than someone who only runs occasionally.
DoctorInTraining
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
*You
AnJuM218
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well your body would generally adapt to what you're doing for an extended amount of time. In cross country running, for example, the body would begin to adapt to the increasing demand for energy while maintaining the same output of the muscles. If this was done over a period of months, for example someone was running for a few hours a day, the body would begin to make more long term changes.
Ccf 1k
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnJuM218)
Well your body would generally adapt to what you're doing for an extended amount of time. In cross country running, for example, the body would begin to adapt to the increasing demand for energy while maintaining the same output of the muscles. If this was done over a period of months, for example someone was running for a few hours a day, the body would begin to make more long term changes.
I know it will but scientifically what happens i.e. in the brain and in the body? Not just abstract terms like adapt. What is actually happening to the body?
Psyk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ccf 1k)
I know it will but scientifically what happens i.e. in the brain and in the body? Not just abstract terms like adapt. What is actually happening to the body?
Well it depends what you're doing, obviously. Doing nothing but exercise is clearly going to have a very different effect on your body to doing nothing but sitting on your arse watching TV.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (95)
12.84%
1 (93)
12.57%
2 (94)
12.7%
19.32%
22.7%
19.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed