Term date question Watch

Raindroped
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
The University's website states that term starts 2nd October, so does that imply freshers week would be the week before? Thanks for any help
Happy_Rocker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
same as reading, i was confused though because its abit late, i really dont want to turn up having missed the 1st week. i think freshers week might be the week before that imo im not sure though
ladyportacabin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, it's usually the weekend before when you arrive. I.e. my uni starts 2nd Oct, I will arrive 23rd/24th Sept. Most unis seem to be sending out the official letters with dates and info, so don't panic. I'm sure they will keep you informed.
X
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, you'll be told when you should move in by the university and if you do have any qualms about the date you can always email someone at the university or ring them up to make sure.
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Plus if you're in halls the halls contract will tell you the earliest you can move in...usually the weekend before freshers week
clouddweller
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Raindroped)
The University's website states that term starts 2nd October, so does that imply freshers week would be the week before? Thanks for any help
depends on the uni surely; im hoping to go to warwick, and their term starts 2nd october but there is no specific freshers week; people arrive the weekend before that and for the first fortnight of term there are introductory and first lectures along with various events and the like in the evenings. The website should have any info like that.....run a search or send them an email
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads