The Student Room Group

Apply to csm or ccw..?? Help

ART FOUNDATION

Not sure on what to base my decision on applying to one of the UAL colleges...? the place I really liked on the open day or the place where I feel like I'll have a chance of getting in..?

REALLY like CSM on the open day, was not feeling CCW :/

however, I feel like I may be wasting my UAL application if I tried for CSM, because my school haven't got good stats of getting people into CSM...?
I'm thinking i'm just going to go for it and apply for CSM, but no one around me seems to encourage that..?

plus I spoke to a CSM lecturer and she said they didn't have a particular style they looked for....hmm
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I felt the same about CCW! I've applied for CSM :biggrin: I'd go for the place you truly see yourself. I was not sure about LCC or CSM, but decided for CSM in the end :smile: Good luck!
Reply 2
Yeah I might just go for CSM. At the same time is where you go for foundation really important?:frown:
What was LCC like? What seemed to be their strengths within the arts?:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LL16
Yeah I might just go for CSM. At the same time is where you go for foundation really important?:frown:
What was LCC like? What seemed to be their strengths within the arts?:smile:

Their library was amazing! so many books and the space was good too. It is more graphic based I think, that's the impression I got. I think where you go is important, because if you end up going to CSM for a foundation and want to do a degree course there, you're more likely to be offered a place.

What sort of work do you like to create? :smile: At my school we do Fine Art, but it is pretty broad with what we can create.

The thing about LCC for me was that it was quite dark and I felt quite claustrophobic in some rooms. I'm comparing it to CSM, I've done a summer school at Back Hill and it was amazing! The teaching was good, and I felt comfortable in the environment. I guess the thing with CSM is that there are a lot of people on the course. I think the ratio for teachers to students is 30:1 which seems okay, but I'm comparing it to other places I have looked at.
Reply 4
Original post by cfath123
Their library was amazing! so many books and the space was good too. It is more graphic based I think, that's the impression I got. I think where you go is important, because if you end up going to CSM for a foundation and want to do a degree course there, you're more likely to be offered a place.

What sort of work do you like to create? :smile: At my school we do Fine Art, but it is pretty broad with what we can create.

The thing about LCC for me was that it was quite dark and I felt quite claustrophobic in some rooms. I'm comparing it to CSM, I've done a summer school at Back Hill and it was amazing! The teaching was good, and I felt comfortable in the environment. I guess the thing with CSM is that there are a lot of people on the course. I think the ratio for teachers to students is 30:1 which seems okay, but I'm comparing it to other places I have looked at.

Do you think doing the summer school has given you a great advantage for CSM? :/ (is back hill CSM :rolleyes: )Ah yes I've been told that about LCC.
My school does fine art but they're very traditional :frown: So I try not to stick to their stuff :s-smilie:
But every foundation place I've visited in London all have a minority of foundation students progressing onto an undergraduates at the same place, that's why I feel like going to a foundation place where I don't want to do an undergraduates. Now I'm just overthinking applications :confused:
Reply 5
Original post by LL16
Do you think doing the summer school has given you a great advantage for CSM? :/ (is back hill CSM :rolleyes: )Ah yes I've been told that about LCC.
My school does fine art but they're very traditional :frown: So I try not to stick to their stuff :s-smilie:
But every foundation place I've visited in London all have a minority of foundation students progressing onto an undergraduates at the same place, that's why I feel like going to a foundation place where I don't want to do an undergraduates. Now I'm just overthinking applications :confused:

To be honest not really, it was a lot of money, but experience of travelling to London and doing stuff on my own. I would be commuting everyday if I got into CSM.

Where else have you applied for foundation? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by cfath123
To be honest not really, it was a lot of money, but experience of travelling to London and doing stuff on my own. I would be commuting everyday if I got into CSM.

Where else have you applied for foundation? :smile:

Ohh right, yeah accommodation would cost loads
Kingston, Ravensbourne and UCA Epsom(really not keen on this place) and maybe a local college for a back up back up :biggrin: What about you?
Reply 7
Original post by LL16
Ohh right, yeah accommodation would cost loads
Kingston, Ravensbourne and UCA Epsom(really not keen on this place) and maybe a local college for a back up back up :biggrin: What about you?

Kingston looks cool! but hard to get into haha. I've applied to Falmouth, CSM and my local one ^.^

best of luck with it all!!

Quick Reply