The Student Room Group

The best film universities in London?

What are the best film universities in London? I am going to apply this week but i haven't yet decided to which one.. someone can help me? thanks
Reply 1
I'm at University of Westminster which is great, do you mean for production or studies? In terms of film studies I'd go for King's College and Queen Mary.
Reply 2
Original post by tombeale
I'm at University of Westminster which is great, do you mean for production or studies? In terms of film studies I'd go for King's College and Queen Mary.

that's great! i was thinking about Westminster too, it seems to be very nice, how is it? btw, in terms of production
Reply 3
Original post by roganwalter
that's great! i was thinking about Westminster too, it seems to be very nice, how is it? btw, in terms of production

Production is nice and busy, we've had 4 projects so far (I'm only a first year, first semester) with the last/current one being a 2 minute montage on 16mm film. There are also loads of opportunities to work on 2nd and 3rd year films which it's best taking advantage of.
It's quite heavy on theory for the 1st year, which some people don't like so much but personally I love that side.
Reply 4
what does theory consists of?

Original post by tombeale
Production is nice and busy, we've had 4 projects so far (I'm only a first year, first semester) with the last/current one being a 2 minute montage on 16mm film. There are also loads of opportunities to work on 2nd and 3rd year films which it's best taking advantage of.
It's quite heavy on theory for the 1st year, which some people don't like so much but personally I love that side.
Reply 5
Original post by roganwalter
what does theory consists of?

So far we've briefly studied Italian neorealism, classical Hollywood cinema, surrealism, Soviet montage, Freud and national cinema in the 'Film Histories/Film Movements' module.
In 'Art of Cinema', we've watched a film a week preceded by an analysis.

For the first semester, there are 2 essays for each module, so I've done one on Neorealism and one on L'eclisse, and have another 2 due for after Christmas.

As we get further into the module in later semesters and later years, we'll look at these things in much more detail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending