The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill Counselling and Psychotherapy Interview

I have an interview for the counselling and psychotherapy course at Edge Hill ( its my favourite university so i'm mega excited/nervous) , i was wondering if anyone had any tips for the interview ?
Thanks
Reply 1
i want to do that aswell next year have you had the interview
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by Paigexxxx
i want to do that aswell next year have you had the interview

Awesome :biggrin: and Not yet, i have it on the 29th of January :biggrin:
Reply 3
I have an interview at Edge Hill for Counselling and Psychotherapy tomorrow (22nd January) and im really nervous, i need tips too
Original post by chloexo
I have an interview at Edge Hill for Counselling and Psychotherapy tomorrow (22nd January) and im really nervous, i need tips too

Good luck!! :biggrin: the only tip i can say at the moment as i haven't been to my interview yet is to make sure you essay is grammatically correct and to your liking, make sure there are no mistakes! and maybe quickly ready up on Nick Clegg's government plans to change the way mental health services are implemented and changes to the availability of psychotherapy just in case you get asked about current news stories. You should be able to find it on BBC news, he just said it on Monday
Hope it helps and i hope it all goes well and you get an offer :smile:
Reply 5
I've got an interview on the 8th of March, how did yours go? What kind of things did they ask? :smile:
Original post by justinew
I've got an interview on the 8th of March, how did yours go? What kind of things did they ask? :smile:

Mine went really well and i have an offer :biggrin:
just to say first of all they take you on a campus tour so be ready to do some walking and then they take you to health and social and you sit on the sofa to get called in one by one (they called us in by the longest we had traveled, longest first).
In the interview they didn't actually take my essay off me at first and said i could keep it for the duration of the interview to refer to, then took it off me at the end. They mainly just asked all the questions that you had to answer on the essay and then would probe your answers on the spot to try to get deeper responses and to question certain things you said (so make sure what you say is truthful, accurate and that you can fully explain it when asked)
This is all subjective to my interview though so it may be a bit different when you have yours
Well done on getting an interview date and good luck for your interview! i hope you get the outcome you need and want :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by DemolitionLife
Mine went really well and i have an offer :biggrin:
just to say first of all they take you on a campus tour so be ready to do some walking and then they take you to health and social and you sit on the sofa to get called in one by one (they called us in by the longest we had traveled, longest first).
In the interview they didn't actually take my essay off me at first and said i could keep it for the duration of the interview to refer to, then took it off me at the end. They mainly just asked all the questions that you had to answer on the essay and then would probe your answers on the spot to try to get deeper responses and to question certain things you said (so make sure what you say is truthful, accurate and that you can fully explain it when asked)
This is all subjective to my interview though so it may be a bit different when you have yours
Well done on getting an interview date and good luck for your interview! i hope you get the outcome you need and want :smile:

Well done!! Is edge hill gonna be your first choice? Thanks for the tips :smile:
Original post by justinew
Well done!! Is edge hill gonna be your first choice? Thanks for the tips :smile:

Thanks and yeah, i really love it there hopefully i get the get the grades and everything goes smoothly so i get in. Good Luck! i hope everything goes well with your interview!:biggrin:
I have my interview for counselling and psychotherapy at edge hill on May 1st, but was wondering is there anyway I can find out what sort of essay I will have to write about prior the interview or do you just find out on the day?
Original post by Teapot3000
I have my interview for counselling and psychotherapy at edge hill on May 1st, but was wondering is there anyway I can find out what sort of essay I will have to write about prior the interview or do you just find out on the day?

I had my interview 18.03.15 I was sent an email about a week before with the details of the essay. I had to take my essay with me on the day of the interview. (I have applied via fast track, so may be different for you)
Original post by heather1983
I had my interview 18.03.15 I was sent an email about a week before with the details of the essay. I had to take my essay with me on the day of the interview. (I have applied via fast track, so may be different for you)

Hiya, I am currently a first year on this course now and it was the same interview process. Hope your interview went well and that you get an offer, may see you next year :biggrin:
Original post by Teapot3000

Hi if it was similar to mine, which it sounds like it is, just will get a list of questions you need to answer emailed to you in enough time for you to complete the essay, good luck and i hope you get an offer x
Original post by heather1983

I think it may be different for me because I have not got an email. But thanks for the help hope it all goes well.
Hi, I only just got an interview date for this Wednesday and I was asked to write a Personal Statement. I am really excited about it, but also have to stick to the 1500 words which is challenging, once I start writing.
Any tips please? If everything goes smooth, I would be starting this September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending