The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Chat XIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i cAnT tHinK
Am I the only one who's kind of forgotten about Pride Month? I didn't even know when Pride was happening and I've actually never been to Pride. I've kind of forgotten that June is happening and is a thing. Like my birthday is in maybe 2 weeks(?) and I just don't even really recognise it at all. Like I'll look at my birthday and although I know that's the day I was born, it means basically nothing to me....

Anyone else relate? xx

I live in the middle of nowhere; I have to walk for about an hour to the nearest bus stop to catch a 30 minute bus to anywhere resembling a small town. There are no local Pride events. It's just a time for making themed threads on TSR for me. :p:

It's less than a month until my birthday, and a big milestone one it is, too... as with you, it's not really registering as that imminent yet, but maybe that'll change once we're into July. :dontknow: I'm generally nonplussed by most special days and events TBH, a day spent watching anime or gaming is a good day, and anything else tends to get in the way of that.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I live in the middle of nowhere; I have to walk for about an hour to the nearest bus stop to catch a 30 minute bus to anywhere resembling a small town. There are no local Pride events. It's just a time for making themed threads on TSR for me. :p:

It's less than a month until my birthday, and a big milestone one it is, too... as with you, it's not really registering as that imminent yet, but maybe that'll change once we're into July. :dontknow: I'm generally nonplussed by most special days and events TBH, a day spent watching anime or gaming is a good day, and anything else tends to get in the way of that.

Yeah same, tbh I don't even remember the last time I had a party or friends over for my birthday. I'm turning 16 this year so I think(?) it's supposed to be a big one but tbh I have absolutely no idea :biggrin:
Thought this was appropriate given the month :tongue:

[video="youtube;-TFkaDfvElo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TFkaDfvElo[/video]
Trying to learn my friend's new name and pronouns but am worried i will slip up with it out of habit and dont want to do that especially cos i believe i am the first person they have told :redface:
Original post by theJoyfulGeek
I'm sure you won't slip up, and your friend won't mind if you mess up their pronouns accidentally. You seem like an amazing friend!

Also, is it normal for a lesbian to have mostly gay friends? Because I swear that all my friends are gay. All my primary school friends (except the 1 straight friend) who I was still in contact with came out as lesbian, pan or bi once they were in secondary school. And now I'm in secondary school, about to start GCSEs for real (early ones don't count) and all my friends also seem to be gay or bi. Except for the 2 straight friends. I didn't know their sexualities when I met them, and they only came out this year/ last year so it seems like I seem to be attracted to non straight people. I'm pretty sure that most people in my year are straight, but all my friends are gay...
Is this normal or just me?

thank you :hugs:
I dont really think it matters either way :nah: the openly gay lesbians at my school (all girls school) sort of hung around together but as i was more shy and closeted at the time i didnt really. Pretty much all of my (very few friends lol) are straight even now
Original post by CoolCavy
x

Your avatar :teeth:
Original post by Slowbro93
Your avatar :teeth:

do you approve? :lol:
Original post by CoolCavy
do you approve? :lol:

100% yes. :teeth:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
[scrollr] [/scrollr]

Should have made each one a different colour in the pride flag :giggle:
Anyone know where i can get a chiffon rainbow scarf? My work is celebrating pride and I want to wear one :awesome:
I don't know where to post this without getting hate lololol

It's Bi-Visibility day! I didn't know this was a thing but wooo

Original post by rainclouds-
I don't know where to post this without getting hate lololol

It's Bi-Visibility day! I didn't know this was a thing but wooo

That's awesome! I didn't realise that, so thank you for posting it here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shadowdweller
That's awesome! I didn't realise that, so thank you for posting it here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i didn't realise it either c:

I think I remember hearing about it last year and just forgot about it completely. And I'm also not sure why it exists either so time to do some research hehe

I've had my own experiences ("why can't you just make up your mind?") and hurtful remarks so it is lovely to see this even if it is just on social media :smile: it makes me happy.:fleurdelis:
today a friend of mine came out as bi.
i'm really happy for her. i want her to have the coming out experience that i never had. granted some people don't feel like it's a big deal or want to bring it up but i lowkey wanted idk some kind of a positive reaction rather than the negativity i faced. she wants to tell her friends but one of her friends used to be my best friend from primary school and she didn't seem very accepting. personally i wasn't expecting a rainbow cake and a congratulations or anything but just an okay cool or something?? maybe it's just me seeking validation but i'm sure she felt the same. she was saying that she didn't know if she was pan but she knows she's not straight and she wanted me to kind of open up about my past lol.
for me it's still something i have to repress because i know how homophobic my year group is. i think it's lgbt history month? so my council put up the pride flag near our school and people in my year keep commenting on it.
idk. i'm scared for her. i want her to not go through what i did but i don't want to be discouraging. she told me when she feels ready she'll tell her parents and i don't want to put her off since it's ultimately her decision but i know what the asian mentality is like and i'm worried for her safety even if she told me her parents weren't like that (but i meann she's a straight 9 student at gcses going into medicine whos hardly out the house so it seems stereotypical to me). and i know how my dad occasionally talks about the "stupid female wannabes" in london/on the news/on telly and changes the channel in disgust when he sees same sex couples so i hope that's not something she notices about her own parents or will go through anytime soon. i hope she receives love and joy. i guess i feel like i'm living through her in a way.

also apparently we do have a lgbt+ club in my school. i never knew it existed. i found a tiny poster in the back of the library. i can't seem to find that poster anywhere else in school. hm.. i wonder why..

just wanted to revive this and post it somewhere bc i cant tell anyone that she came out and how i actually feel and whatnot soo
until next time folks
Original post by PureHeroine
today a friend of mine came out as bi.
i'm really happy for her. i want her to have the coming out experience that i never had. granted some people don't feel like it's a big deal or want to bring it up but i lowkey wanted idk some kind of a positive reaction rather than the negativity i faced. she wants to tell her friends but one of her friends used to be my best friend from primary school and she didn't seem very accepting. personally i wasn't expecting a rainbow cake and a congratulations or anything but just an okay cool or something?? maybe it's just me seeking validation but i'm sure she felt the same. she was saying that she didn't know if she was pan but she knows she's not straight and she wanted me to kind of open up about my past lol.
for me it's still something i have to repress because i know how homophobic my year group is. i think it's lgbt history month? so my council put up the pride flag near our school and people in my year keep commenting on it.
idk. i'm scared for her. i want her to not go through what i did but i don't want to be discouraging. she told me when she feels ready she'll tell her parents and i don't want to put her off since it's ultimately her decision but i know what the asian mentality is like and i'm worried for her safety even if she told me her parents weren't like that (but i meann she's a straight 9 student at gcses going into medicine whos hardly out the house so it seems stereotypical to me). and i know how my dad occasionally talks about the "stupid female wannabes" in london/on the news/on telly and changes the channel in disgust when he sees same sex couples so i hope that's not something she notices about her own parents or will go through anytime soon. i hope she receives love and joy. i guess i feel like i'm living through her in a way.

also apparently we do have a lgbt+ club in my school. i never knew it existed. i found a tiny poster in the back of the library. i can't seem to find that poster anywhere else in school. hm.. i wonder why..

just wanted to revive this and post it somewhere bc i cant tell anyone that she came out and how i actually feel and whatnot soo
until next time folks

I'm really pleased to her that she's coming out! I hope you both get more positive experiences as time moves on :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest