The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Chat XIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vionar
Well she seemed to not be that negative, so there's always hope :biggrin:

Yeah, fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 1381
Bleh starting the voluntary work tomorrow. So nervous cos I have no idea what I'll be doing exactly, but I'll find out soon I guess :biggrin:
Original post by Paarish
Bleh starting the voluntary work tomorrow. So nervous cos I have no idea what I'll be doing exactly, but I'll find out soon I guess :biggrin:

Hey, where are you volunteering? :smile:
Just got back from a weekend in Paris. Had a great time, especially champs elysées - LOVE IT THERE!

Absolutely baking on the Eiffel tower though, and I didn't realise how much of a hike it was. I only did the first 660ish steps (up to second level). Then I went to the Louvre today, that was baking too. Champs Elysées I think those of you who have gender identity issues may like, for this one particular shop. They sell dresses and skirts for men. As in long red gowns and everything. I think that having something like that is a MASSIVE step forward for the transgender/transvestite communities. I also saw an ad on the way out of Paris earlier saying "this is not a woman" ... not entirely sure what the advert was trying to sell, but it was definitely dealing with gender stereotypes. Paris was BAKING. I had to go and buy some tank tops because it was too hot to even wear t-shirts. I've never had to put suncream on this early in the year, ever. Must have been about 21-22 degrees at 10am yesterday.

The hotel however, don't get me started. Worst hotel I've ever stayed in pretty much. I wouldn't recommend it at all. Found brown stains on the sink, not even sure what it was - they said cigarette ends, but I don't know whether to believe that, if I'm to be honest. then the second room the shower holder was broken, no lock on the door of the bathroom and we had to keep the window open all night - and we were on a main road on the outskirts of the city too, so loads of beeping cars at 2 o clock in the morning! I don't know how I have enough energy to write this. Whatever little sleep I got must have really been a good sleep.
Reply 1384
Original post by Joyful_soul
Hey, where are you volunteering? :smile:

"East London Open Project" or ELOP. They're small but they look pretty progressive :smile:
Not meaning to make people here feel old, but 15 years ago today (8/4/1999) S Club 7 first arrived in our eyes and ears with the first episode of Miami 7, oh and also first play of their début single "Bring It All Back" which reached no.1 in the UK charts on June 26th 1999

Still can't believe it's 15 years now!
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Not meaning to make people here feel old, but 15 years ago today (8/4/1999) S Club 7 first arrived in our eyes and ears with the first episode of Miami 7, oh and also first play of their début single "Bring It All Back" which reached no.1 in the UK charts on June 26th 1999

Still can't believe it's 15 years now!

Now I'm singing that out loud :tongue:
Finally found a hair product range I love, only thing is when I go back to the UK its gonna cost me like £20 for the shampoo, conditioner, wax and spray ... I really hope not.

Shampoo and Conditioner from Aussie - forgotten the cost, but I bought it in the UK before I came out here, like a load of it as its the only one that will work for me, styling product I don't need to be as choosy, but for L'Oreal studioline its cost me about €13 for the two products (about £10.50)
Anyone think that they cost too much??
Finally found a hair product range I love, only thing is when I go back to the UK its gonna cost me like £20 for the shampoo, conditioner, wax and spray ... I really hope not.

Shampoo and Conditioner from Aussie - forgotten the cost, but I bought it in the UK before I came out here, like a load of it as its the only one that will work for me, styling product I don't need to be as choosy, but for L'Oreal studioline its cost me about €13 for the two products (about £10.50)

Try having afro hair, £10.50 would be cheap for one product!
Original post by Antifazian
Try having afro hair, £10.50 would be cheap for one product!

I would sooooo NOT suit an afro lmao! Cool style though!
Reply 1390
Just came out to my sister :biggrin: We went to a really nice cocktail bar and I had literally the strongest long island iced tea I've ever had and she was like I knew because you never objectified women and she doesn't care yay
I feel rather upset. I don't usually put myself out there as I don't like to get hurt.

But I actually thought I had a date on Friday. I thought someone could look past my weight and find me attractive. Then I got a cliched excuse just now.
My instincts told me that he'd cancel. But I told myself I was being pessimistic. That just because everyone else rejects me or the person I saw previously, lied to me constantly, there was a possibility that this could be real.

I wasn't deluded. I knew that he could reject me after meeting me for a date. But the fact that I couldn't even make it there makes me feel bad.

In any case, it might have been for the best. Obviously, we had too many differences and I may have saved myself a heartbreaking breakup later down the line. Or...he meant what he said and we may decide to do something later on.

Either way, I feel a tad better after thinking about it some more. Still, it is a shame. Oh well...Life goes on, I suppose.
Original post by Flauta
Just came out to my sister :biggrin: We went to a really nice cocktail bar and I had literally the strongest long island iced tea I've ever had and she was like I knew because you never objectified women and she doesn't care yay

That's really good to hear. Glad it worked out well for you. :smile: :hugs:
Shampoo and Conditioner from Aussie

YES. However now I'm actually in Aussieland it's ironic that it's not actually sold here...!

styling product I don't need to be as choosy, but for L'Oreal studioline its cost me about €13 for the two products (about £10.50)

What, do we actually have the same stuff or what?
Around £10 is reasonable I think, depending on the size. I occasionally see the very large bottles of Aussie shamp&cond on sale and it's usually very well priced in comparison... As for their gel (invisihold?) It's very lovely for £3/4. Easily one of the better ones I've used.
Original post by keromedic
I feel rather upset. I don't usually put myself out there as I don't like to get hurt.

But I actually thought I had a date on Friday. I thought someone could look past my weight and find me attractive. Then I got a cliched excuse just now.
My instincts told me that he'd cancel. But I told myself I was being pessimistic. That just because everyone else rejects me or the person I saw previously, lied to me constantly, there was a possibility that this could be real.

I wasn't deluded. I knew that he could reject me after meeting me for a date. But the fact that I couldn't even make it there makes me feel bad.

In any case, it might have been for the best. Obviously, we had too many differences and I may have saved myself a heartbreaking breakup later down the line. Or...he meant what he said and we may decide to do something later on.

Either way, I feel a tad better after thinking about it some more. Still, it is a shame. Oh well...Life goes on, I suppose.

Some people are as shallow as swimming pools. What you need is a guy as deep as the sea. Plenty of them out there :smile:
Reply 1395
Original post by Flauta

Well done! I'm planning to come out to my extended family in the near future...probably won't be in a cocktail bar though.
Reply 1396
Original post by Joyful_soul
That's really good to hear. Glad it worked out well for you. :smile: :hugs:

Original post by ottom
Well done! I'm planning to come out to my extended family in the near future...probably won't be in a cocktail bar though.

Thanks guys, good luck ottom when you come out! Why not a cocktail bar it was great!

Going out later to some tiki bar in Northampton for my friend's 18th going to be absolutely amazing, think I've started predrinks a bit too early though :s-smilie:
Eurgh not in a good mood

My power tripped last night at 1am, only just got it fixed now
Only got 5 and a half hours sleep - not exactly quality sleep either
Realised it's my final full week in France - cue the getting emotional at saying bye to people, hell I'm doing my final weekly shop today and I'm tearing up even at that! (I'm still in Europe for two more weeks though!)
Got woken up by a fire alarm - yay! NOT. At least unlike in the UK it was at a civilised hour I suppose - 9.45. When I'm at uni the fire alarms 9 times out of 10 are usually between 6.30am and 8am

Also, is anybody else a bit worried by the situation in Ukraine. I have to read on it at least twice or three times a day now, because I'm seriously scared by it.
Reply 1398
Eurgh not in a good mood

My power tripped last night at 1am, only just got it fixed now
Only got 5 and a half hours sleep - not exactly quality sleep either
Realised it's my final full week in France - cue the getting emotional at saying bye to people, hell I'm doing my final weekly shop today and I'm tearing up even at that! (I'm still in Europe for two more weeks though!)
Got woken up by a fire alarm - yay! NOT. At least unlike in the UK it was at a civilised hour I suppose - 9.45. When I'm at uni the fire alarms 9 times out of 10 are usually between 6.30am and 8am

Also, is anybody else a bit worried by the situation in Ukraine. I have to read on it at least twice or three times a day now, because I'm seriously scared by it.

Sounds like an horrific night. :eek:

As for Ukraine, even I, as a prospective politics and international relations student, am not fully sure what to make of it.
New to this website. Thought i'd jump in! Hello. Charlie here. 18. Gay. Been out since 15. Had a 2 year long relationship which went to ****. Hoping to go to Uni Sep 2015 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest