Not very sensitive to caffeine

Watch
Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Whenever I drink a cup of coffee, I never seem to get that 'boost' which some people do... suggestion?
tooosh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you have a stimulant tolerance or engage in other rewarding behaviours pathologically (think about this one - anything from sex to food, gambling to shopping etc) then you wouldn't.

Some people will just require more by their genetics.
Watch Key Phone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)
Whenever I drink a cup of coffee, I never seem to get that 'boost' which some people do... suggestion?
I've also never experienced a noticeable affect from caffeine. :dontknow: I guess it's possible some people just have a higher tolerance?

(Original post by tooosh)
If you have a stimulant tolerance or engage in other rewarding behaviours pathologically (think about this one - anything from sex to food, gambling to shopping etc) then you wouldn't.

Some people will just require more by their genetics.
What do you mean by that?
tooosh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Watch Key Phone)
I've also never experienced a noticeable affect from caffeine. :dontknow: I guess it's possible some people just have a higher tolerance?

What do you mean by that?
Someone with any addiction will probably find themselves less sensitive to stimulants to some degree through dopamine downregulation. People always seem to forget to consider behavioural addictions.
kevinkrieger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People who don't drink caffeine daily are more sensitive to its negative effects. Also men are more affected to the effects of caffeine than are women.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (675)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads