The Student Room Group

Stockholm School of Economics MSc applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I've also applied for the MSc in General Management program. I mailed out the documents on the 13th of Jan though but I'm not sure if we're supposed to receive any confirmation that it's been received...
On the University Admissions website, the status of my application shows as 'In Progress', though. Does that mean it has been received and is being reviewed?
Reply 21
Original post by kostas24
Hello :smile:

I am applying as well for MSc in international business. I am really looking forward to this. At the moment i am trying to collect all the required papers! I am really excited for having the opportunity to do a master in Sweden but also anxious if i will get a position. Anyway, is great to see other people applying too , so to share our thoughts!

Cheers!

Hello Kostas24,

Good to know that you are applying to IB program. Would you mind sharing your profile? Thanks :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by rednblack89
Hey, I've also applied for the MSc in General Management program. I mailed out the documents on the 13th of Jan though but I'm not sure if we're supposed to receive any confirmation that it's been received...
On the University Admissions website, the status of my application shows as 'In Progress', though. Does that mean it has been received and is being reviewed?

The status would be updated after Feb-3 I guess.
I applied to GM as well.
Would you mind sharing your profile?
Original post by sid.ind
The status would be updated after Feb-3 I guess.
I applied to GM as well.
Would you mind sharing your profile?

Sure. 24, GPA: 7.44/10, GMAT: 720, Avg Extra Curriculars, couple of internships through uni and 2.5 years work ex at a Scandinavian engineering firm as of now.
Reply 24
Hi all,

I applied for the Master program in Economics this year. Due to the holiday, my test center will send my IELTS scores to SSE after 10 Feb (it will be late). According to SSE, the IELTS scores should be reported officially by test center. However, University Admission told me that I only need to submit my copy of report. I am very confused because SSE is my first priority. How do you guys submit your IELTS scores?
Reply 25
Original post by rednblack89
Sure. 24, GPA: 7.44/10, GMAT: 720, Avg Extra Curriculars, couple of internships through uni and 2.5 years work ex at a Scandinavian engineering firm as of now.

You've got a good profile! I am sure you'll make it. Good luck :-)
Reply 26
Original post by auturi
Hi all,

I applied for the Master program in Economics this year. Due to the holiday, my test center will send my IELTS scores to SSE after 10 Feb (it will be late). According to SSE, the IELTS scores should be reported officially by test center. However, University Admission told me that I only need to submit my copy of report. I am very confused because SSE is my first priority. How do you guys submit your IELTS scores?

I was told that I shouldn't be worried about scores reaching them as long as I take the test before 15th Jan.

I gave TOEFL on 12th Jan and got my scores last week.
Original post by sid.ind
You've got a good profile! I am sure you'll make it. Good luck :-)

Thanks, let's hope so!
Reply 28
Thank you. It is ok if the scores reach them before 03 Feb.
Reply 29
Can you apply to a Msc at SSE if you entered ont 3rd year on a bachelor degree? I mean, would they care and look for "how many terms" you studied, and not only what type of courses and credits are involved in that degree + the dissertation?
Reply 30
SSE's website states that January 15th was the last day to take the tests (IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, GRE). As long as you took it before Jan 15th, I don't think there's a problem.

Do you know if the University Admissions send our documents to the universities regardless the day they arrived? I mean... I know they stamp the arrival date on the documents, but if they simply don't scan anything that arrived after Feb 3rd, then maybe it would be a problem.
Reply 31
Original post by dafruta
SSE's website states that January 15th was the last day to take the tests (IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, GRE). As long as you took it before Jan 15th, I don't think there's a problem.

Do you know if the University Admissions send our documents to the universities regardless the day they arrived? I mean... I know they stamp the arrival date on the documents, but if they simply don't scan anything that arrived after Feb 3rd, then maybe it would be a problem.

Even an hour late after the deadline is a rejection. They are very strict with the timelines.
For these questions, I suggest the best way to get a definitive answer is to contact the Program Manager directly:

http://www.hhs.se/Education/MSc/MScGM/Pages/Contact.aspx

I say this because I did so myself, and got a reply within a couple of days.
Reply 33
The universityadmissions.se page is slow in regards to updating your profile. I still have no confirmation that my documents arrived, but SSE already invited me to an interview for the MSc in General Management in Stockholm at the end of February.
Original post by leverage
The universityadmissions.se page is slow in regards to updating your profile. I still have no confirmation that my documents arrived, but SSE already invited me to an interview for the MSc in General Management in Stockholm at the end of February.

Only MSc. GM requires an interview, doesn't it?
I applied for MSc. Finance (Investment Management) with the documents arriving on 22-Jan. Now I still haven't got any further information.
Reply 35
Yeah, according to last years thread, only GM applicants get interviewed and everyone else needs to wait a little longer.
Yeah, according to last years thread, only GM applicants get interviewed and everyone else needs to wait a little longer.

Good luck to your interview :cool:
Reply 37

All the best for the interview!

I applied to GM as well, didn't receive any interview call.
Reply 38
Thanks guys!
I'm sure they will hand out another bunch of interview invites, since it's still very early in the whole process.
Reply 39
Just received an offer for Finance, really stoked!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending