Turn on thread page Beta

Feel like such a waste of space watch

Maybe it's cos I'm isolated, but I feel like such a waste of space. It's not as though I've nothing going for me in other peoples eys, but it's how I feel. A kind of melancholy, I'm missing out, life must be beautiful somewhere else, I'm unfulfilled, sad feeling. Anyone else feel the same?

So who can offer words of support. It really is the most empty, pathetic feeling

And I dunno how to change it

ReputationRep:
    Could be endogenous depression - depression without cause. See a doctor or at least talk things over with a counsellor. You've taken the first step in seeking help - now go for more.You can do it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i feel like this. All i seem to do is come on computer and watch tv. I do go out but get drunk and its boring same old same old you know.

ReputationRep:
    You feel unfulfilled...do something...I dont mean this a blunt as it may appear, but what are you actually doing with your life at the moment? Have you got a job, if not go and get one? Have you got some free time, go round to your nearest old peoples home or similar and volunteer, or nearest RSPCA shelter. Basically youre feeling unfulfilled, if its cos you dont do anything do somethng. If however youre busy busy busy, and its just you cant build up the enthusiasm despite doing plenty then it does suggest possible depression. Even if it is depression though, getting out and doing something will make you feel better.
    (sorry that this goes round in circles...Im blaming it on the heat!)

thanks jenny--i dunno if doing more makes me happy--i think its the lack of a goos relationship and activity I enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the more activities you do the better able you'll be in deciding whats good for you, as you would have experienced alot of things.

ReputationRep:
    stress disorder....
    i think

(Original post by AYE)
    I think that the more activities you do the better able you'll be in deciding whats good for you, as you would have experienced alot of things.
    Can the right activity alleviate these feelings though?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2006
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.