The Student Room Group

Post Compulsory PGCE-Skills test.

Hi

Does anybody know if you have to do a skills test for a post-compulsory PGCE?

Thanks
Reply 1
Technically, no you don't have to do the QTS Skills Tests (they're required for all courses resulting in QTS, which most PCET courses don't - they come with recommendation for QTLS instead).

However, I have heard through my careers department that some courses require you to do literacy and maths tests anyway - whether they use the official QTS ones or not, I don't know, or whether it's just equivalents, I don't know again. I guess it depends on the uni what they say, there is no official requirement, but they can of course make their own up if they so wish.

This is something I'm nervous about as I cannot pass the numeracy one. Two of the three providers I spoke to said that no, I won't need to do them/any maths/literacy tests.... but then my careers department said the above ^ and made me nervous all over again!
Reply 2
Hello

Thank you for the response. Glad to have some clarification.

I e-mailed the IoE and they have just advised me that for the Post-Compulosory PGCE I applied for, I do NOT have to do a skills test.

Just need to get on it now! Fingers crossed!
Reply 3
Original post by DJM816
Hello

Thank you for the response. Glad to have some clarification.

I e-mailed the IoE and they have just advised me that for the Post-Compulosory PGCE I applied for, I do NOT have to do a skills test.

Just need to get on it now! Fingers crossed!

Hi DJM816,

I have applied for the Post-compulsory PGCE at IOE too and I was wondering what your status was. Hope you got on the course.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending