The Student Room Group

I've found a lump, What would be the best thing to do?

Hello,

2 weeks ago I found a lump under my right arm near my breast. I've been keeping an eye on it and it keeps changing size and shape.

I want to go to the doctor but I feel as if I'm wasting their time as I've been a few times over the past few months for varying reasons (depression, headaches, phobias) I want to get it checked out because I'm worried but I also don't want to be the hypochondriac patient.

Advice please?
Original post by FemaleArtichoke
Hello,

2 weeks ago I found a lump under my right arm near my breast. I've been keeping an eye on it and it keeps changing size and shape.

I want to go to the doctor but I feel as if I'm wasting their time as I've been a few times over the past few months for varying reasons (depression, headaches, phobias) I want to get it checked out because I'm worried but I also don't want to be the hypochondriac patient.

Advice please?

Do not feel like you're wasting their time, it's their job :smile: It's much better to get it checked out sooner than later! Hope you're well :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
could just be a lymph gland doing its job, but you need to get it checked out, don't worry about wasting their time, doctors are nice people and there to help! :smile:
Hello,

Advice please?

Get it checked

It's 99% likely it's completely innocent - gland enlargement :smile:
There's no harm in checking it :smile:
Reply 5
Best to get it checked. As someone else said - it's probably nothing too serious.
Beat to get it checked - it may very well be nothing, but if it isn't then the consequences could be serious, and it's for the sake of your own peace of mind too.

FWIW I know someone who was diagnosed with cancer after they got to the end of their (unrelated, routine) doctor's appointment, and then said "oh by the way, I've got this symptom", so these things do happen.
You're not wasting their time, it's their job!
Reply 8
Get it checked out. I found a lump and nearly considered not going to my doctor because I felt I went to them for too many things. That would have been a MASSIVE mistake for me. But don't worry too much, there's lots of simple things it can be.
Go to the doctors - I am sure it will be okay, and it will put your mind at rest :smile:
Did you go to the doctors? I have a painful lump in my breast and I'm scared to get examined
Original post by Anonymous
Did you go to the doctors? I have a painful lump in my breast and I'm scared to get examined

Just go. I found a lump on my breast too and because i was too nervous to go for that exact reason i went for something else and at the end when i was just about to leave i managed to just blurt out "I found a lump on my breast and wanted to make sure it was nothing" - turns out i was just checking wrong or something but it made me nervous for about a month.

If anything just go for peace of mind and try doing what i did. It helped me calm down enough to bring it up :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Hello,

Advice please?

Go to the doctor! If there is any reason to go, it is this one. I know it can be embarrassing, but just make the appointment and force yourself to go. It'll be over quickly and you'll feel a huge wave of relief. Your doctor will see that this is a genuine reason for seeing him/her and not judge you, for everything is confidential and it is their job to look after you. They'll have had hundreds of women in your same situation approach them before. Not to worry :smile:
Hello,

Advice please?

Get is checked as soon as possible. It's much better being safe than sorry

Quick Reply

Latest