The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Need help please!

So I sent my ucas off on the 15th of October and there's a sentence about me being a participant in the British Mathematical Olympiad in my personal statement. However it was the Junior Mathematical Olympiad which is nowhere near as big of a deal as the British Mathematical Olympiad. I honestly did not know until today when I was checking the website to see when I'd get this years kangaroo results. I don't have a participation certificate or anything and so I assumed it was the British Mathematical Olympiad but on the website it says only the senior version is called that. The Junior one is apparently just a Mathematical Olympiad. I didn't realise British was only used to refer to the Senior. My Maths teacher checked my statement and didn't correct me either. I'm terrified. I don't mind Cambridge because I may be able to explain it to them in the interview and don't really mind about getting an offer there but the rest of my universities don't offer interviews or anything. So my question is, is it too late? Can I get this rectified? All I need to do is remove the word British from my statement. Will it matter? Can they check? If so how? Shall I call up my universities?
Hi
You could contact UCAS and explain the situation to them. They will be able to advise you.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending