arehman26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey
I am new to this website and really require help on clarifying my confusion on how to get qualifications of Maths and Further Pure?

I am currently preparing to sit for A Level AS & A2 Maths C1,C2,C3,C4,M1,M2. This would make my qualification as GCE A LEVEL MATHS.

What my confusion is I want to achieve AS Further Pure along with this qualification this June 2014 itself, I know there is no no doubt in this, but I want this AS Further Pure Maths as a completely independent subject,
meaning when I get my certificates there should be 2 for for AS Further Pure and the other A Level Maths this would enhance my chances for university as well because for now its A Level in Maths and Physics for me I require an AS Subject and doing it in Further Pure seems to be logical since I won't have to take on totally new things such as studying AS Chemistry.

So in order to keep it an independent AS Level Subject what modules would I have to sit for looking at I already have done M1,M2 (I know C1-C4 are excluded).

I would really like an answer as soon as possible in order to take the decision for sitting in the exams.
xsindy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For A2 Maths, you need C1-4 and M1, M2 as you said.

For AS Further Maths, you need to take three (of your choice) of these: FP1-3, M3-6, S1-2, D1... etc...

You can't reuse your modules. xD

...I hope that helps.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Which examiner are you with?
Edexcel don't have a Further Pure qualification. Wasn't aware that any other examiner did .
You could do Further Maths AS with Edexcel doing FP1 + any 2 other units not used in maths.
The Further Maths AS is available with other examiners but I have a feeling some are even more flexible on which FP unit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
arehman26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
[QUOTE=gdunne42;45410791]Which examiner are you with?
Edexcel don't have a Further Pure qualification. Wasn't aware that any other examiner did .
You could do Further Maths AS with Edexcel doing FP1 + any 2 other units not used in maths.
The Further Maths AS is available with other examiners but I have a feeling some are even more flexible on which FP unit.

Examiner is Edexcel, I looked up in the specification and AS Further Pure is offered the same way you described, FP1 compulsory and 2 units of my choice excluding C1-C4 which are totally exempted in each scenario and any 2 unused modules.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by arehman26)
Which examiner are you with?

Examiner is Edexcel, I looked up in the specification and AS Further Pure is offered the same way you described, FP1 compulsory and 2 units of my choice excluding C1-C4 which are totally exempted in each scenario and any 2 unused modules.
although one of the units is further pure maths 1, the qualification you get is just called further maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (19)
19%
I'm not sure (2)
2%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (28)
28%
I have already dropped out (3)
3%
I'm not a current university student (48)
48%

Watched Threads