help me on my sociology work :( Watch

yasmin 123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i need a essay structure and i need help on my 24 mark question for, for and against please

"social class is the greatest influence on whether a student achieves ":confused:
c001c
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Introduction- What social class is and what the different types of classes. Examples of each type maybe?
You can also state which class has its advantages causing better achievement for the people of that class so advantages and disadvantages of both classes.
For example, working class has its disadvantages such as material deprivation and culture deprivation leading to under performance.
Middle class whereas has its advantages such as most being well educated so students having educated parents who can help, being from rich families so have resources need to study and perform well achieving more and better. There may also be a cultural advantage as most teachers or people with authority do tend to be from the middle class therefore favouring a certain type more. Do put both for and against points though such as there is also the fact that many people from the working class do also continue to higher education as a result of achieving better and getting good jobs!

You can conclude by reminding of the basic points and stating an opinion whether you think class affects achievement or not. Hope it helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
8.12%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.71%
No, but I want to start (313)
36.82%
No, I am unable to (214)
25.18%
No, I chose not to (231)
27.18%