What do girls think of guys wearing skinny jeans, like from Topman, good, bad? Watch

ldha
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm buying some clothes soon, and was interested to know what might be good items, as in shoes, trousers/jeans, tshirts etc... any ideas? What does your boyfriend wear?
Infinity_4652
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ldha)
I'm buying some clothes soon, and was interested to know what might be good items, as in shoes, trousers/jeans, tshirts etc... any ideas? What does your boyfriend wear?
I wear skinny jeans, mainly because i feel so much more comfortable in them compared to just straight jeans.

What's your preferred skinny jeans?? Super skinny or just skinny?
TheJay92
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
if you want to look fashionable and trendy, then go for skinny jeans. but don't wear them if you aren't skinny or slim yourself coz it'll look horrible and won't suit you.

personally I wear both skinny and super skinny, but that's coz I know what looks good on me. and I get complimented by girls for them
BumbleBee_93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
From a girls point of view me and my friends love manly men that don't care about their appearance...and also have beards!!! So if top shop jeans make you look manly go for it (but not all girls Are the same..everyone has different taste)
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate it. If a man can fit into the same jeans as me theres something wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Infinity_4652
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by deviant182)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why??
Aniqa Bushra
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
skinny jeans for guys depend on if you can make it work it not
syrettd
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends on your physique. I knew a guy who was extremely skinny and his legs looked even skinnier than mine in skinny jeans. It wasn't attractive. It looked a little like someone could snap him in half.
xDave-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ignoring how they look, I'm amazed you could find them comfortable. Well, depends on your leg shape, I suppose. If you've ever played any sport then I dunno how you can wear them.
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just get a girl to go with you, ideally a girl your age who's just a friend. You need to judge it on what'll suit you rather than on any general rules. If you're really stuck, ask one of the girls who works there for honest advice.
Welsh_insomniac
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by deviant182)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stop playing up to gender stereotypes. I'm sure in the past there were men saying "if women can wear jeans like me(n) there's something wrong!"
Georgiina_Tee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Even though it makes it pointless I prefer baggy skinny jeans the sort that's not clinging to your thighs or calves but not straight enough to be straight or slim fit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
cmad95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
if you want to wear skinny jeans just say you BMX if a girl asks what is the point of them.
Explain that after dropping a set of 7 stairs the last thing you want is your jeans to get caught :P

girls seem much more understanding after I tell them that.
Get_Lucky_606
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I pretty much have to wear them cos I'm tall and my legs are quite thin...I tend to look look pretty stupid with baggy/standard jeans
deviant182
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
Stop playing up to gender stereotypes. I'm sure in the past there were men saying "if women can wear jeans like me(n) there's something wrong!"
Its not that! Its about preferring my men to be big and feeling like I dont have to worry hes gona wear my jeans if his are in the wash. I dont like skinny men, not a stereotype at all just personal preference which is what I thought this thread was about? Theres men ive seen that can wear skinny jeans and look okay but its not something that is attractive to me. Its no different from not wanting to see his entire package to not wanting to see a girls camel toe! Its the same as girls wearing leggings and you can see their underwear.
I just think leaving something to the imagination is better than revealing all. But I wouldn't criticise someone for what they wear. I like to see people embrace their differences just not to a point where kids walking along who are small enough to be a crotch hight need an eyeful. It sends the wrong message.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Knighted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
She isn't, she's expressing an opinion.

So shutup.

Welsh_insomniac
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Knighted)
She isn't, she's expressing an opinion.

So shutup.

Relevant username.

No, what she's doing is expressing an expectation on what men should be like on a forum full of nervous, young teenagers who are unsure of themselves in an age where the gender barriers are being broken down in order to get a bit of equality. Comments like that are no more helpful than men saying what women should act like or what they wear.
Treeroy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why does it matter if it's the stereotype? It's her personal preference.

OP: I think skinny jeans are hot.
squealia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you get them right (not toooo tight) the I am a huge fan! I love the more indie guys
ddaappoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
it's just preferences bro
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.06%
They've been reasonable (69)
40.59%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.88%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.47%

Watched Threads